Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would it take for you to stop being a Panthers fan?

125 posts in this topic

Posted

An NFL franchise in Greensboro

3 people like this

Posted

Nothing could ever make me stop being a Panthers fan. We could let Cam walk for nothing, and although I'd be extremely pissed and probably physically sick over it, I'd throw on my jersey and head to BofA to see what the next guy can do.

Posted

Moving would not stop me from being a fanatic Panther fan, I am already 2000 miles away so no deal breaker there. If they change the name and get an owner like Jerry Jones, well then I would have to think about it.

Posted

moving is probably it.

i think the hardest thing about being a panthers fan, though, is other fans. i have no problem with homers because those guys are going to be the loudest at games and give off the most positive vibe.

i really don't like people bitching and complaining about everything the team does and just give off this feeling that they hate being a panther fan and like the team losing just so they have something to bitch about and pull out the "see, i told you they suck" card.

the worst, though, are the apathetic fans...esp. PSL holders who go games just to hang out and talk to other people or who let their tickets get into the hands of fans from other teams. that just sucks and it takes away any possible home field advantage.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will be honest...if

-We never get over .500 in the next 4 years

During or After those 4 years

-Cam leaves

-Hurney still employed here

-Smitty, Beason, T.Davis, D-will, and J-Stew are all gone

-Falcons win a Super Bowl

-Cam wins a Super Bowl ring with another team

-Richardson basically tells/shows all fans the attitude "F*** you, pay me!"

-We're on our 3rd Head Coach after Fox

^^^All of this would have to happen. Prolly would become a regular fan of the NFL for a while afterwards

Posted

I have a hard time believing this is even a serious question.

Posted

Would it take a playoff drought like the Buffalo Bills are enduring? (I think it's up to 13 years at this point).

Would it take the team somehow botching Cam Newton staying in Carolina for his whole career?

Would it take the team moving to a different city?

Or would you stay a fan no matter what happened?

Death will stop me...But then my ghost may haunt the games

Posted

Been through the moving thing before. I am native charlottean so losing the Hornets was agonizing. I was as loyal to them as I am the panthers but dropped basketball all together when they left. The Bobcats are my new team but the bad taste in my mouth from the Hornets leaving makes me more of a casual than diehard fan like I used to be.

Moving would be the only potential thing that could make me drop them as my team, I love football too much to know if that would even make me drop them. Hopefully I will never be faced with that decison ever.

Posted

I remember a long time ago there was talk of Winston getting a MLB team. I would have dropped the Braves if that happened, just like ill drop the Panthers if Winston or Greensboro(maybe even Raleigh) ever gets a NFL team. That'll never happen, so I'm down with the Panthers till the end. I would lose a lot of interest though if Cam left. He's quickly became my favorite player.

Posted

An NFL franchise in Greensboro

Or anywhere in the Triad. :)

Ain't gonna happen, but I do remember when there was discussion about moving an MLB franchise (the twins) to Kernersville.

1 person likes this

Posted

what would it take for you to stop for you to stop your own heart from beating?

my relationship with the panthers is summed up in most of bon jovi's songs.

Posted

I'm a bit older than many on here, so perhaps my perspective is different. Carolina was not my first team. I was raised in St. Louis so naturally I grew up rooting for the Cardinals. But it was tough, as the team was a perennial joke. Eventually they moved to Arizona, and I had moved from St. Louis, so I just became of fan of the NFL, no specific team.

I lived in the Carolinas when the Panthers were born and immediately became a fan. That was a long time ago and I'm far from the Carolinas now.

At this point it boils down to this...I'll stay a fan as long as the Panthers deserve to have me as a fan. What that means is they have to do everything they can to keep the organization competitive and put a decent product on the field. If it ever happens that they give the impression that they aren't willing to do what is necessary to be competitive, I'll move on to another organization I can respect.

While I can't go to the games now, I've attended many in the past. Bought lots of merchandise. Supported the many businesses that promote themselves via the NFL, etc. I don't owe the Panthers anything. We are all customers, and they owe us a competitive product.

So no, I cannot take a lifetime oath, too much depends on the circumstances. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

2 people like this