Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argo looks very good.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hope to see it this weekend. I have a pretty good track record on predicting Oscar winners and I say no question Argo gets a nom but I don't see anything else that comes close to it thus far.

Posted

I really want to see it, if may replace Sunday football with the bye and all.

Posted

I really want to see it, if may replace Sunday football with the bye and all.

That's exactly my plan.

Posted

Hope to see it this weekend. I have a pretty good track record on predicting Oscar winners and I say no question Argo gets a nom but I don't see anything else that comes close to it thus far.

*cough* shamless gloat session

Posted

Its a good movie, but not worthy of Best Picture. Both Django and Zero Dark were much better.

But if you want to win a Best Picture Oscar given by hollywood elite.. make a movie about the hollywood elite.

Posted

Yeah, it was good but it wasn't great. I was surprised by all the accolades, but Zod has a good point.

Posted

Felt the same way. The last scene where they are chasing the plane down the runway (at 170mph) bothered me for some reason.

Posted

Its a good movie, but not worthy of Best Picture. Both Django and Zero Dark were much better.

But if you want to win a Best Picture Oscar given by hollywood elite.. make a movie about the hollywood elite.

Pretty much.

Posted

Felt the same way. The last scene where they are chasing the plane down the runway (at 170mph) bothered me for some reason.

Same here. Seemed like something out of a made for TV movie

Posted

Same here. Seemed like something out of a made for TV movie

Yeah. They also confirmed that in real life there was no airport drama or chase.

Posted

Well the ending would have really sucked if it was just them standing in line at the airport and boarding the plane... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted

Well the ending would have really sucked if it was just them standing in line at the airport and boarding the plane... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe not.

No country for old men was a great film. Not all endings need a bang.