Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FirstRoundPick

Is Greg Olson overated by Panther fans?

67 posts in this topic

Remember those TE screens? WTF happened to those?

1 person likes this

Underused right now. Big question is why.

1 person likes this

Olsen is a top 5 deep threat TE. Maybe even the best, and has great hands, but he lacks in other areas, particularly blocking.

17th in receptions (22), 8th yards (293), 5th yards/game (58.6)

As far as "elite" TEs, there are only about 5 in the league- Gronk, Graham, Gonzalez, Vernon Davis, Gates

Gates seems done, at least compared to what he use to do, could just be Rivers struggling, but Witten has been doing well since the injury scare.

The rest of the league dosen't seem impressed by him. Panther fans were saying he was going to absorbed Shockey catches and get close to 1000 yard and 10 TD's this year. That doesn't look like it is going to happen. What makes him better than a middle of the pack TE such as Fred Davis, Jared Cook, or up and comer Kyle Rudolph?

Overall, I think someone like Davis is better TE.

Olsen a better pure WR option. Shockey was a more complete TE....Olsen better when thrown into a more pure WR type role

He's had a couple of big games so far, but doesn't get enough action. He needs to bake Cam a pie so he will throw to him more often.

BTW...he is still on track to make 1000yds, even with only two good games so far.

I don't think he's overrated at all. If he was being used as much as he should be we aren't even having this conversation.

1 person likes this

Maybe if the offense could get their collective heads out of their collective backsides Greg could put up the #s he is capable of..

When Cam is connecting with Olsen, we always seem to be in the game. Always. When he doesn't, Our offense stalls (and appears somewhat disjointed to me). In regards to the Panthers, I think he is no where near overrated. Olsen is vital to our success. In regards to the league, who can really tell when Olsen is being either neglected or misused by Cam and the coaching staff?

1 person likes this

He's on pace for 700

293 yards so far. he was pushing 250 after 4 games. had he been included in the saints and seahawks game plan he'd be well over 400, maybe 450 yards.

not his fault that cam/game plan ignored him, esp against the seahawks. he was open.

1000 yards is still very much in reach. 10 games left. he can get at least 800.

not over-rated. under-utilized. he's one of the most reliable receivers cam has...from looking at smitty recently, olsen may be the most reliable just because he hasn't made the boneheaded mistakes smith has.

When Cam is connecting with Olsen, we always seem to be in the game. Always. When he doesn't, Our offense stalls (and appears somewhat disjointed to me). In regards to the Panthers, I think he is no where near overrated. Olsen is vital to our success. In regards to the league, who can really tell when Olsen is being either neglected or misused by Cam and the coaching staff?

olsen has to be just as much a factor as smitty, imo.

when cam focuses too much on smith things aren't going to work. if he can target both smith and olsen things will go a lot better.

1 person likes this