119 replies to this topic

#106 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Concerns with Rivera:

1. saying we are 'vertical' when we don't have the players to be 'vertical'.
2. no involvement on the sidelines with Newton, at all, none, zero zip. That pass intercepted in the end zone, Newton should
have been called over and addressed by Rivera right then 'what were you thinking' would have been a great start.

3. He is the head coach, if he does not like the scheme that Chud is using, tell him, 'stop running 3 receiver sets against
that defense.
4. start running the ball with heavy sets.
5. finally, trying to make the Panthers Chargers East, honest to god, have the Chargers ever done anything?...seriously.

The list is long; but, for him to say it's possible an 'assistant may go'. Please. Who hired the assistant.

So you're mentality is ONLY YOUR QB and coachs are the ultimate cause of your team failure??? 2-14 season here we come.

When will the mentality of you folks change?

At last check Fox is doing quite well in Denver. And he did a pretty darn good job with a crooked arm QB like The Golden Calf of Bristol. So the problem with this team clearly wasn't his fault alone.

To bad you're holding Clausen hostage. One will never tell if the bad games had to do with him or not given a chance to grow and learn. But judging from how Cam is being treated, I'll say the issue lies with this team and it's fans mentality.

#107 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

No different than our offense having the ball with a few minutes left and needing one FG/TD or even to run out the game....and not delivering either.

We have been in this situation numerous times over the past two seasons....and the offense has failed to deliver even once.

Neither side of the ball have been clutch performers.

Maybe it's time to disect every area of this team and see what the real problem is.

Every Sunday it's the same nonsense. Why is it that when every other team lose, they bounce back the next time but not this one?

#108 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,898 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

didn't watch. don't care. as long as jr runs the show this team will aspire to Hardee's like medocrity.

#109 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

So you're mentality is ONLY YOUR QB and coachs are the ultimate cause of your team failure??? 2-14 season here we come.

When will the mentality of you folks change?

At last check Fox is doing quite well in Denver. And he did a pretty darn good job with a crooked arm QB like The Golden Calf of Bristol. So the problem with this team clearly wasn't his fault alone.

To bad you're holding Clausen hostage. One will never tell if the bad games had to do with him or not given a chance to grow and learn. But judging from how Cam is being treated, I'll say the issue lies with this team and it's fans mentality.

If that is what you have taken away from my body of comments on this forum and this particular comment in response specifically to Rivera, then think what you want and just so you know, I really don't care what you think about my mentality.

It never ceases to amaze me how some posters on this board try and make things a personal attack. Go troll someone else.

#110 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Rivera says they are going to "change things and make things different"

Start with the QB and we will be light years ahead

#111 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,638 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Rivera is in over his head...

He seems to think their doing everything right with the exception of a few missed opportunities but he seems to blame player execution more so than coaching.

coaching on goes so far. The players have to execute, and.i don't see many fans at all holding the.players accountable.

#112 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

So the guy who is infatuated with San Diego Chargers will be the final say on all player moves..... awesome

#113 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

damn .....that press conference was so monumental the Gamble to IR was almost an afterthought.....holy hell

#114 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I bet when Rivera got called to come to Mr. Richardson's office, he just knew he was going to get fired but then it went like this

JR: "Now, Ron we made the tough decision to let Marty Hurney go today. You will now be responsible for personel decisions."
RR: OMG OMG OMG OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. YOU ARE THE BEST. OMGZ!!!!

#115 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Maybe it's time to disect every area of this team and see what the real problem is.

Every Sunday it's the same nonsense. Why is it that when every other team lose, they bounce back the next time but not this one?

We have become the Detroit Lions from a few seasons ago. Plenty of talent, but did not know how to finish games.

We need a couple of these close games to go our way to build that late game confidence. Right now it us just....damn here we go again and how will we lose this game,

Attitude needs to change across the board. And yes, that includes Cam.

#116 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Start with the QB and we will be light years ahead

we got it 2 years ago.you dont like him,you dont have to say so in every thread.

#117 PghPanther

PghPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Don't expect anything out of the Panthers..........everyone in this organization will be watching their back and pointing figures.........if not literally, the in their minds..........which will end the idea of teamwork.

At best they will win 3 games out of the last 10......but I won't be surprised if they don't win any.......

RR is done.............he was done the day Marty hired him..........he's in way over his head...........he was turned down for 9 other HC jobs before the Panthers.........what does that tell you?

Look for a long period of time before this team becomes competitive...........

My formula would be to get the best most experienced GM/HC combo you can in the off season.............and use the best picks you have in the draft to build up an allpro Offensive line.................that is the foundation of championships..........

A good O line makes your running game work.........your passing game work.........and eats up first downs.........which keep the defense off the field and tires out the competitors defense......

There is a reason why the Steelers won 4 SBs in 6 years and played in 7 AFC champs in 10 years all during the 70's..........they had the strongest, and best O line in the game in fact pound for pound the best line ever...................Terry Bradshaw was good.........but he was no Joe Montana but had that O line to make it all work............

Smart coaching and a solid dominating O line wins champions............

#118 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Don't expect anything out of the Panthers..........everyone in this organization will be watching their back and pointing figures.........if not literally, the in their minds..........which will end the idea of teamwork.

At best they will win 3 games out of the last 10......but I won't be surprised if they don't win any.......

RR is done.............he was done the day Marty hired him..........he's in way over his head...........he was turned down for 9 other HC jobs before the Panthers.........what does that tell you?

My formula would be to get the best most experienced GM/HC combo you can in the off season.............and use the best picks you have in the draft to build up an allpro Offensive line.................that is the foundation of championships..........

A good O line makes your running game work.........your passing game work.........and eats up first downs.........which keep the defense off the field and tires out the competitors defense......

There is a reason why the Steelers won 4 SBs in 6 years and played in 7 AFC champs in 10 years all during the 70's..........they had the strongest, and best O line in the game in fact pound for pound the best line ever...................Terry Bradshaw was good.........but he was no Joe Montana but had that O line to make it all work............

did you really watch those games in the 70's............. or the replays?

I think you have your "lines" mixed up.

#119 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

So...decided to dig up the not so recent past of myself:

I'm easy. It'll be fun to watch things go down this preseason

damn was I wrong

#120 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Ko

..................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com