Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Kearse waived

27 posts in this topic

He wouldnt have been here next year anyhow. We'll use the spot for our 1st round DT.

Nope. Started too many games for us.

It's not based on starts, it's based on total games played or being on the active roster for a full season.

The rules say no more than 9 total games played, and he has played exactly 9. So it depends on if they mean > 9 or >= 9,

**edit** you are correct, he is not ......by one game

doesn't matter how well he did last year.

apparently he wasn't impressing enough this year. sad when you can't beat fua out of a job...and it's not because fua was a 3rd round pick that he still has a job because they let mcclain go who was picked earlier and there's none of this hurney trying to save face.

at any rate...not a big deal. marginal player who wasn't doing much. guess they figured they would rather see what nate chandler could do.

I have been as anti-Fua as anyone here and even predicted he would be out of football in 2 years this last offseason. But he has actually looked significantly improved to me, especially in the last 2 games. Yeah, he still isn't much, but I have at least a little hope for him now.

Is he PS eligible?

Still wish they'd axe Fua.

Fua's all we have to show for letting Peppers walk, LOL

1 person likes this

Panthers waived DT Frank Kearse.

24-year-old Kearse is a big body out of Alabama A&M. He goes to make room for UDFA Nate Chandler. The Panthers should still be in the process of trying to unearth defensive tackle help. Starters Ron and Dwan Edwards have been overworked and ineffective. Kearse has practice squad eligibility left.

1 person likes this

We cut someone that put in work at a good level to sign someone from the practice squad?

they must either be desperate to play chandler at DT and DE against chicago or they are d-u-n with kearse. i suspect the former.

The Panthers have signed defensive tackle Frank Kearse to their practice squad days after waiving him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/josephperson/status/263362113962119169

Without a GM, we sure are making a lot of roster moves---trade looming?