#76 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

NO WAY in HELL Stewart restructures. He just got the new contract. Its nutty as squirrel sh!t to think otherwise.

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

#77 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

I want a receiver

It's sad that it took for Hurney to get fired to make some damn moves. Downright sad

#78 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

I would agree with you if this team wasn't about to be under new management. No player or contract is safe, even ones just signed this year. I would hope that both Williams and Stewart would restructure from their 7-8 mil/year deals to something more in line not with their talent but their carries, say 5-6 mill/year. With TD restructuring because of his injuries and Tolbert leaving money on the table to play here, I don't think this is unreasonable.

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

#79 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Why would he restructure a deal he JUST got? He'll get paid if he remains on the team or is cut by new managment. DLo is a different story, but Stewart will get his money regardless at this point.

Cuz he got paid. After an 8 figure signing bonus, I doubt he cares much if he gets 5 or 3 mil in salary a year. Giving a big contract then restructuring it seems to be a great way to make a player seem wanted and wealthy while still managing the cap.

#80 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,303 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

I hope we don't do this poo. The best thing to do is keep him and try to restructure both(stew,d-will) of their contracts. They need to restructure Gamble, Beason, Anderson, and Gross. I know Stew can be a featured back by himself, but his injury history scares me. Stew is better on the screens and blocking, but D-Will is more likely to break for a big run.

We don't need to restructure Williams we need to deal him to get rid of him.

Plenty of capable RBs that we can bring up for cheap.

We need to quit over investing in the backfield. Build like a real team

#81 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

We don't need to restructure Williams we need to deal him to get rid of him.

Plenty of capable RBs that we can bring up for cheap.

We need to quit over investing in the backfield. Build like a real team

Especially since we are not a run first team anymore.

#82 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

LMFAO....

Hey, I'm just saying. I don't think we should trade him. but if we did at least get a player that you can get your monies worth out of. Cause we sure ain't getting it out of Dlo right now. and would never get it out of nelson either. And lets be honest since you think its so funny. but Cobb can run the wildcat just as good if not better than dlo cause he's also a passer. you would accidentally get your money back off a guy like him. the guys a workhorse and any team would be lucky to have him.

#83 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hey, I'm just saying. I don't think we should trade him. but if we did at least get a player that you can get your monies worth out of. Cause we sure ain't getting it out of Dlo right now. and would never get it out of nelson either. And lets be honest since you think its so funny. but Cobb can run the wildcat just as good if not better than dlo cause he's also a passer. you would accidentally get your money back off a guy like him. the guys a workhorse and any team would be lucky to have him.

They'd laugh in our face...an up and coming star for a nearly 30 year old back. We'd be robbing them blind on that trade. You're over valuing DLo, by a mile. DLo has a handfull of years left in the league. Cobb has a decade left.

And for the record I didn't mention trading for Jordy either...that's laughable as well. I said we could get James Jones that's closer to an equal trade. In the other scenarios GB would be the clear loser in the deal.

#84 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

How many of you "we need to trade DWill" "plenty of RB's out there for cheap" guys were also foaming at the mouth to sign Stewart?

Neither of them is earning his keep at the moment. They never were goint to since we are not playing Fox Ball any longer.

Love the way the tune changes around here once we fall on our face with cap issues and such. Predictable

#85 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

They'd laugh in our face...an up and coming star for a nearly 30 year old back. We'd be robbing them blind on that trade. You're over valuing DLo, by a mile. DLo has a handfull of years left in the league. Cobb has a decade left.

precisely why I want him. Green bays all about the big bang now. if they thought dlo had a chance at helping them game plan to another sb they'd take it. But the likely-hood is slim to none. Just making the point earlier that if we deal with the packers lets make it worth our while. but I will tell you I could hear dlo from here in the triangle screaming please don't send me to jon fox. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

#86 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

precisely why I want him. Green bays all about the big bang now. if they thought dlo had a chance at helping them game plan to another sb they'd take it. But the likely-hood is slim to none. Just making the point earlier that if we deal with the packers lets make it worth our while. but I will tell you I could hear dlo from here in the triangle screaming please don't send me to jon fox. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobb = 1st-2nd trade, grade

DLo = 4th-5th trade, grade

That would be one of the dumbest things GB has EVER done.

#87 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Where's CRA in this??? He never misses out on this subject.

#88 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Cobb has been one of their most important facets on not just the offense but st this season for the Pack. They won't even consider getting rid of him.

Even if it is the Pack, I can see either a 4th rounder (3rd round would be a nice surprise) or maybe Jarrett Boykin and a 6th but I just don't see a trade happening that's a straight up player-player

#89 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

This would be a meh trade...I'm just spitballin'....but maybe the Cards are the team

Early Doucet?

#90 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

This would be a meh trade...I'm just spitballin'....but maybe the Cards are the team

Early Doucet?

I said in another thread on this,that SD would make a good trade partner. Jammer and Cason are FA after this season (they'll lose one of them) AND there backfield is horrible. Id take either with a staight up trade. Even though neither are amazing CBs, but it'd help both of our weaknesses to a degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com