Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCOTUS: Drug Dogs Used Outside Your Home

65 posts in this topic

Posted

You clearly don't understand how police manufacture crime. FYI, drug crime exists in all demographics.

Does is "exist" in all demographics? Yes

Does it "exist at similar levels" in all demographics? Not even close

Posted

but if it saves one life.............

That's what they keep saying. While it really means, "you aren't doing anything wrong that we can see, so we will make up a law saying that we don't need probable cause to board you".

All in the name of safety.......

Posted

MH, you do realize that everyone in your "high crime area" arent actually criminals? In fact most of the peoe in those neighborhoods arent. But its ok to stop and search them for no apperent reason just so you can feel better?

Posted

MH, you do realize that everyone in your "high crime area" arent actually criminals? In fact most of the peoe in those neighborhoods arent. But its ok to stop and search them for no apperent reason just so you can feel better?

I am n

Posted

I am not saying to search everyone in those areas. However, crime is higher in those areas and that should be the area of focus for the police.

Posted

I can agree with that but when the results indicate that people of color are getting stopped in ludicrous amounts doesnt that sou d fishy?

I forget where i heard this but i recall reading that lime 98% of these stops also result in no charges its just a waste of tax dollars so why keep doing it

Posted

No I don't. The police should focus their efforts in places that ACTUALLY have high levels of crime.

Yea except for white collar crime.

Posted

Yea except for white collar crime.

lol, we both know that doesn't count.

1 person likes this

Posted

White collar guys need to go to jail the same way, but normally are not caught with drug dogs

Posted

White collar guys need to go to jail the same way, but normally are not caught with drug dogs

that's just because they don't use drug dogs down on wall street.

Posted

Maybe they can train some money laundering dogs, or tax evasion dogs, insider trading sniffers, etc.

All for it.

Posted

You all are looking at this wrong. Your "curtilage" is considered land immediately around your home that would be considwered part of the house, ie. your front lawn, driveway, carport, etc. To be in the curtilage you need a search warrant or else a reason to be there. Therefore I see this as a non-issue. If the drug dog is anywhere close enough to your house to sit on drugs, the cops either a. were called there

b. are responding to a crime

c. have a search warrant, which would imply they have "reason to be there"

This isn't some way to illegally search certain ethnic groups, but since we live in "post racial" America, the race card is always played.