Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Ireland for my honeymoon

#12 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks!!!

Great stuff and much appreciation to all. We've got several months to make the decision but there is plenty here to investigate.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I would tour Ireland along the west coast. No need to do Dublin. People are great, gorgeous countryside, and you can do B and Bs or castles.

#14 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Turks and Caicos.

Absolutely amazing water...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

St. Thomas was baller

#16 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• LocationAtlanta,GA
Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Tahiti for my Honeymoon.

Was the best trip ever!!!

Posted Image

#17 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

Super 8!!!!

na...for us...all inclusive week in the Mayan Riviera...we love it down there, think you get a great bang for your buck and it's as busy or as relaxing as you want it to be.

seems all my European trips were just go go go.

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

I never really took a vacation, even as a kid. Recently, actually earlier this year. I went on a month long trip with my mom down south of Mexico. Visited Leon, Mexico City and a lot of surrounding places. Got to see the active volcano that's there. Climbed part of it. Went to the holy place that's in Leon actually Guanajuato, GTO that is the second tallest 'Christ' statue in the world. The first being in Brazil, Rode on some horses, never done that before. Visited family I NEVER knew I had, they were amazing and really really nice. Not saying that because it's my family but to me they were complete strangers before the trip. Ate some really delicious mexican food. Traditional meals of course.

Besides seeing a lot of sights and going into the big city. I have to say that meeting my familiy down there was the best part.

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

I'm not a big fan of Italy. The restaurants go really cheap on the food, even outside the tourist areas. You can easily pay 10+ euro for what turns out to be a can of chef boyardee spaghetti or ravioli. You pay double the normal admission to tourist attractions like the Colosseum unless you have an EU passport. It is relatively easy to get around Italy by rail. However, I don't remember seeing trains when I traveled through the mountains in northern Italy. The only beach I went to was Jesolo Beach so I can't really comment on the southern beaches.

#20 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• LocationWherever I May Roam
HUDDLER

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

We make it a point to try something new every year either with our late winter vacation (Feb-Mar) or our late summer/fall vacation (Sep).

Been to several islands in the Caribbean- Aruba is great, but growing quick, very crowded and expensive now. St. Lucia is sweet. Love Cancun, found a couple places outside the hotel district that are unbelievable and very safe for tourists.

But without question, the #1 place on my list is Australia. The west coast (Perth/Freemantle) is gorgeous and the east coast Sydney/Melbourne is big city fun. There's a train that runs between the coasts that I hear is one of the top rated trips in the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users