• 8,035 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

#17 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I wonder if we would have made any moves if Hurney was still here...

lol

#18 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,098 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

Nothing ever happens at the NFL trade deadline besides Moss a few years ago. Nothing seriously ever happens, it's the most stale trade deadline of any sport. ESPN just needs something to hype.

#19 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

No General Manager. Jesus, some of you need meds.

Need meds? I think some of us are fans of a team that is currently 1-6 and has the talent to be contending for the superbowl.

I think some of us are pissed off with the way the organization we love is being run and wanted to see any change at all!

The real question is, why the rest of you arn't? learned helplessness I guess........

I guess I am happy to see they were entertaining the idea.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,571 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

i'd rather moves be made by the GM and HC that we will probably have coming in.

hurney tried building for the new coaching staff and what you have is the 2010 draft.

who do you trust to make moves? rivera? beane? lol

i'm thinking that sitting on their hands is the safest thing to do right now. i don't think i want them doing anything contractually until we have someone that has a clue what they're doing.

at any rate...did you see a flurry of activity by anyone? mike thomas heading from jaxville to detroit and talib heading from tampa to the pats was the other one. it's just not an avenue anyone really takes very much.

i'm not happy with the way things are, but i don't want some hack GM wannabe making some stupid moves just so fans think they're doing something.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 20,010 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

At 1-6 you're not a buyer, you're a seller. BUT, you only sell if the deal is right. We could still trade or cut _______ (insert name) here in the offseason.

#22 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

Nothing ever happens at the NFL trade deadline besides Moss a few years ago. Nothing seriously ever happens, it's the most stale trade deadline of any sport. ESPN just needs something to hype.

Pats traded for A. Talib from the Bucs, but in general, you're right. Very little movement typically happens in season.

#23 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,268 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Pats traded for A. Talib from the Bucs, but in general, you're right. Very little movement typically happens in season.

Glad to see that dick heading to the AFC and out of the division, now it's time for Rhonde to rhetire.

#24 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Cant believe the pats didnt want Armanti

#25 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Need meds? I think some of us are fans of a team that is currently 1-6 and has the talent to be contending for the superbowl.

I think some of us are pissed off with the way the organization we love is being run and wanted to see any change at all!

The real question is, why the rest of you arn't? learned helplessness I guess........

I guess I am happy to see they were entertaining the idea.

The season is lost. Nothing drastic is gonna change, what the fug are you talking about?

Why make moves when we haven't hired a long-term GM? Nothing will change until the off season, this isn't madde.

#26 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

We didn't make any moves because it wasn't advantageous for us to do so at this time. Has nothing to do with not having a GM whatsoever. Some people think they are geniuses, when in fact they're not.

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Every report I saw from contenders that potentially need help at running back (Packers, Cardinals, Broncos) said that they wanted to stick with who they had, likely because the options on the market (DeAngelo and Steven Jackson) at their current salaries and having to give up something of value weren't worthwhile. So it shouldn't be a surprise that DeAngelo is still here, nor should it be a surprise that we didn't dump Steve Smith for 15 cents on the dollar.

#28 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Pats trade for Aquib Talib

#29 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

The season is lost. Nothing drastic is gonna change, what the fug are you talking about?

Why make moves when we haven't hired a long-term GM? Nothing will change until the off season, this isn't madde.

This isn't madden? Thanks for clarifying.

All I am saying is, a lot of people around here seem pretty darn happy with the status quo and want to tell people to calm down, and sip the koolaid.

AS A PANTHER FAN, I AM PISSED OFF. I just don't appreciate people telling spirited fans that they need to "take there meds" or calm down or be happy.

#30 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,408 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

I thought we were suppose to be cutting and trading mode,WTF Blow it up.Am I the only Panther fan mad as *** right now?

Because as I said before Rivera has the final say in moves and with his job on the line why in the hell would he move some of his best players for draft picks when we probably won't even be here to use those picks. How hard is that for people to understand. Jesus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.