• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

To me it feels more like it is Murphy or Gettis. If Gettis goes to IR I think the extends his rookie deal for a year, so that will make him more valueable if he comes back healthy in the off season, which would mean the end of Murthy.

AE has a lot of skills, qb (scout team and emergancy 3rd), (4th) slot receiver, wild cat, safe fair catch punt returner, trick play potential. None of these skills alone warrent a spot on the roster as they are sub standard at NFL level. However, combined they present a package that merits consideration for a 46-53 place spot and an active spot in case someone is banged up.
He is never going to pay back the value of a 2nd rounder. But, it is not like we will get it back by cutting him so that is not an input in the consideration.

#47 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

why was he so damn slow? I thought the one trait he had was speed.

He had speed for a QB.

Wide receiver speed he has never had.

#48 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:23 AM

People like to forget that Gettis was our most dynamic receiver in 2010...with Clausen as his QB...

I really hope we can see Gettis play this year to see how he does with Cam.

#49 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,454 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

He had speed for a QB.

Wide receiver speed he has never had.

Then I'm not sure why we drafted him....I thought that was why Hurney was so fascinated with him...cause he had world class speed.

#50 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Then I'm not sure why we drafted him....I thought that was why Hurney was so fascinated with him...cause he had world class speed.

He was a play maker and a football player, thats why he was drafted.

He is one of those guys that are fast when not wearing pads, but doesn't have the leg strength to maintain that kind of speed one geared up.

#51 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hey, I'm just glad that at an important moment, a Carolina Panther player didn't screw up and actually made something out of a play. Had a lot of good ones like that yesterday.

We've been waiting for a long time to see a game where someone didn't just blow it at an important time. Good Job, AE. Hope to see more from you and everyone else on the team.

#52 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

AE has quicks, but not as much speed. This works great for getting open, but will get you caught when you are sprinting to the endzone. Still, 82 yards---- I think I'll take that.

#53 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Every single WR on the team not named Armanti Edwards scores a touchdown on that play.

#54 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

People like to forget that Gettis was our most dynamic receiver in 2010...with Clausen as his QB...

I really hope we can see Gettis play this year to see how he does with Cam.

Yup.

Edwards makes his fuging 3rd career catch and the "fans" here are ready to send Gettis off.

#55 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

This thread is a shining example of why the Carolina Panthers are generally regarded as having a bottom 3 fanbase in the league (possibly worst). A young development project player makes a good play to help us turn what would be a long painful drive, probably a punt, into an easy score. And all he gets is hate and vitriol because he is a local fan favorite to many Charlotteans.

You guys are seriously pathetic.

#56 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

A young development project player

How many more years does he get that label?

#57 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

I can't see us giving up on Gettis just yet. He has to much potential upside, if he is fully recovered from his injury.

#58 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

How many more years does he get that label?

He's a project until they either start to play him consistently, or cut him, obviously.

#59 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

This thread is a shining example of why the Carolina Panthers are generally regarded as having a bottom 3 fanbase in the league (possibly worst)

Did your uncle who is a Steelers fan tell you this?

#60 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

He's a project until they either start to play him consistently, or cut him, obviously.

Armanti Edwards will be 30 years old and there will still be people here calling him a "project" or "young, developmental player" LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com