Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Props to Rivera

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Based on the team's performance in Chicago, I liked their chances against the Redskins. Loved the win Sunday, but the offense was anything but dominant.

Denver will be a better test of what the rest of the season holds for the Panthers.

This team has hung with some of the better teams in the league for about 3 quarters and some change. Unfortunately, when crunch time arrives, they have wilted like a bunch of violets under a hot summer sun due to a series of mental lapses on the part of players and coaches.

The Broncos will be a good test of how mentally strong this team has grown in the last few weeks.

I am sure they will be physically prepared to win, but will they be psychologically prepared?.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='NanuqoftheNorth' timestamp='1352099723' post='1981707']
Based on the team's performance in Chicago, I liked their chances against the Redskins. Loved the win, but the offense was anything but dominant today.

Denver will be a better test of what the rest of the season holds for the Panthers.

This team has hung with some of the better teams in the league for about 3 quarters and some change. Unfortunately, when crunch time arrives, they have wilted like a bunch of violets under a hot summer sun due to a series of mental errors on the part of players and coaches.

Next week will be a test of how mentally strong this team has grown in the last few weeks.

I know they are physically capable of winning are they mentally capable?.
[/quote]

Nice post.

The Offense still has major problems.

They made one of the worst defenses in the league look pretty good today...

But they didn't give the ball away and that means a lot...

I think they have to play pretty much mistake free next week AND stay on the field longer...

It is going to be a tall order...
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hell no, they should have been doing this from the very beginning of the season it shouldnt have took the GM getting fired and other turmoil for this to happen. Getting in sync early has been a big problem for this team the last couple of years and Rivera hasnt done anything yet to change that he pretty much shoved it down our throats that they were ready at the start of the season. And we still only have 2 wins out of 8 games. If JR brings Rivera back next year i wont be to upset but if he decides to cut ties than im good with that. At this point i would rather just wait till the end of the season to give him any props for improvement.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TonyN' timestamp='1352100141' post='1981714']

Nice post.

The Offense still has major problems.

They made one of the worst defenses in the league look pretty good today...

But they didn't give the ball away and that means a lot...

I think they have to play pretty much mistake free next week AND stay on the field longer...

It is going to be a tall order...
[/quote]

Next week is the best last chance to make something out of this season.

I still have a flicker of hope that can be rekindled with a win against Denver.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Blah! Fuc Rivera

Posted · Report post

Rivera is perfect in coach challenges!

Yet I don't know if I want to continue with him as coach, because I don't trust him with our offense. He should have gotten a real fullback, to help with the running game. I realize he is not John Fox and play Foxball, but man we got some real talent at running back. Cam is throwing way too much, and his footwork is not solid from the lack of pro-style snaps. That is why his passes are a little off at times. Smitty could have had a 100 yards receiving if Cam's footwork was solid.

I wouldn't mind Rivera stay, if he gets rid of Chud and bring in a cat that runs a pro style offense. That has balance between running and passing.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I want a few more wins before I give Rivera the benefit of the doubt again, and not just wins. I want to see improvement as well.

Posted · Report post

I want to see VAST improvement in the things that we should be good at. What I credit him with, is seeing the zone read plays not working, and changing, what I also see, is that it happened too late. The defense is impressive, we still need to get better on 3rd down on both sides of the ball. We need another QUALITY WR, and we need a young STUD DT. But, the future is bright, I just wish it would be bright from week 1.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ARSEN' timestamp='1352086531' post='1981413']
I'm not sure what happened but the same players we tho were garbage now playing with fire and hunger and making plays all over the place... Tackling improved big time. I have not seen so much effort from the Panthers in over 4 years...
[/quote]

Yes...congrats to Coach Rivera for doing his job...

Posted · Report post

I'd give him another year. If he lost the team you would see it ( like someone said look at morris and TB last year ). The D is playing better each week. What he needs to do is get rid of the dud coordinators especially on the offensive side.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rivera is doing a great job with the defense, but Chud needs to be on the hot seat. I have seem some improvement by the offense the last 2 weeks, but we are not as explosive as last year. I just need to continue to see improvement by the offense from week to week. I think the whole team is starting to move in the right direction. They have never quit on Rivera.. and that is a definite positive. If we finish with at least 6 wins this season, I'd give Rivera one more season.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Matthias' timestamp='1352130443' post='1982141']
Rivera is perfect in coach challenges!

Yet I don't know if I want to continue with him as coach, because I don't trust him with our offense. He should have gotten a real fullback, to help with the running game. I realize he is not John Fox and play Foxball, but man we got some real talent at running back. Cam is throwing way too much, and his footwork is not solid from the lack of pro-style snaps. That is why his passes are a little off at times. Smitty could have had a 100 yards receiving if Cam's footwork was solid.

I wouldn't mind Rivera stay, if he gets rid of Chud and bring in a cat that runs a pro style offense. That has balance between running and passing.
[/quote]

Cam only threw 23 passes.....