Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1 Catch Does Not A #2 WR Make...

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets be real, Murphy probably would have dropped that pass, Lafell or Pilares would have gotten run down just like Armanti.

Its not like Armanti sucks when hes out there, he just doesn't ever get out there. Whenever they call his number he's done a decent job. Why do you hate him? He's not an obnoxious attention ***** like The Golden Calf of Bristol, he's quiet, meek, just works and waits for a chance. He got one Sunday. He took advantage of it. People are assravaged because Adams is benched over Armanti when he's literally cost us games already. Armanti sealed a victory for us. You can either root for him or be a shitty fan. Your call.

2 people like this

Posted

Threads like this crap make me feel OK that the Panthers are 2 - 6. Some of you deserve your misery.

Note: this does not include some of you who are true, genuine football fans.

Posted

I live in Va Beach, "Redskins' Country" if you will.. One of the local Skins radio announcers called that the "Kick in the nuts reception"... :lol:

Posted

Armanti is a #3-4 reciever who can fill in for the #2 spot in a pinch if there is an injury.

I don't think all that many people are calling for him to move ahead of LaFell on the depth chart.

take a moment and rethink everything and get back to us with why your post is sooo wrong

Posted

I'm pretty sure #2 WRs can make a catch.

Posted

seriously guys, Armanti was left open because get this, the defense didnt think carolina would throw to him. I dont think anyone watching the game at hoem thought they would either. He was completely left alone and wide open. Of course he caught the pass. Do I think Armanti can make that catch going over the middle and about to be popped by a safety. Absolutly not. Hes still garbage imo until he shows otherwise. Carolina still needs to find another wr in the offseason.

Not necessarily directing this towards just you... But many people here are knocking him because of a "blown coverage" ummm... This is the NFL and there are blown coverages every single damned week. If it was Smitty, you wouldn't even be talking about a blown coverage!

Bottom line is the kid made a HUGE catch in a pivotal moment of the game for us. Yes, we was wide open... But what if he had dropped the ball? Then what? He's a scrub, and why is he even on the team?

Give the young man his dues, he's on the team for a reason, and he made a critical catch. Most WR's will tell you that the wide open catch is one of the hardest ones to bring in, just because you have so much time to think before the ball gets there.

He made a HUGE play for us and deserves the respect for doing so... Some of you need to grow up!

1 person likes this

Posted

Armanti is a #3-4 reciever who can fill in for the #2 spot in a pinch if there is an injury.

I don't think all that many people are calling for him to move ahead of LaFell on the depth chart.

He's really not even a #5 guy...

I was happy to see him get that catch, BUT he'll still be looking for a new team next year.

Posted

definitely said to myself when he made the catch that the defense forgot about him. whatever I'll gladly take it!

Posted

He's really not even a #5 guy...

I was happy to see him get that catch, BUT he'll still be looking for a new team next year.

What have you seen in his play that leads you to believe he is worse than 4 other receivers we have?

Posted

Seriously, the guy was more open than a virgin on prom nite and he still couldn't outrun the defense...

Posted

Seriously, the guy was more open than a virgin on prom nite and he still couldn't outrun the defense...

Really? Cause LaFell couldn't outrun the Chicago defense last week and he had a jump on them as well...

Should he have made a move to the inside for 6? Absolutely! But he still had an 82 yd reception.

PROPS to AE... How anyone can try to make such a positive thing into a negative is really beyond even my comprehension... And ask around, I'm not the smartest poster around

2 people like this

Posted

What have you seen in his play that leads you to believe he is worse than 4 other receivers we have?

The fact the coaching staff doesn't have enough faith in him to give him more playing time...

Armanti fans just need to come to terms with it. This is his farewell tour, he's a small receiver on a roster full of small receivers. The new regime will need to make room for some new talent, and the fact that is his second career catch in 3 years speaks volumes.

Just because a guy goes to work and busts his tail all week, doesn't mean he's the best man for the job. Dwayne Jarrett was more productive than Armanti Edwards and off the field problems or not, he was cut.