ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

When I asked for suggestions for post # 4000, one of the suggestions was that I talk about the Panthers staying in Charlotte (as opposed to moving to LA). So, here goes:

First, why are the Panthers in Charlotte? Mr. Richardson had a dream, which in reality seemed impossible. His dream was not about having a team that would make the most money. It was about pride in where he called home. It was about the people and places that had helped him become successful. It was about giving back. It was about telling the world about who we are and that we matter. It was about deserving the best. It was about being tired of being overlooked and discounted on the big stage. This was personal. It was a mission.

So, against all odds, the Carolina Panthers had life. Mr. Richardson promised to bring a Superbowl win to the Carolinas. While, he did not meet the time frame he wanted, it seems ludicrous to think that his goal has changed.

There has been some excitement but also much frustration with overall results. People have been trusted with the dream that proved unworthy. Still, this is not about failures, it is about the goal.

The goal is not to be in the biggest television market. It is not to be the franchise to make the most money. It is about bringing a championship to the Carolinas….for all the world to see……and for us to have a team to be proud of.

So, those who think Mr. Richardson will move this team do not understand why the Panthers are here in the first place.

I also think he has a plan that includes his dream living on beyond when he cannot.

We fans are often so impatient. Our happiness with the team often depends on the W-L record. But, if you are truly honest, we should be thankful every day that Mr. Richardson had a dream which included us.

#2 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Show no boobies?

Im Jk Congrats I value you're opinion (:

#3 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Well wrote, and well said.

#4 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

With my 26th post, I say go Los Angeles Panthers!

#5 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

Great 4000th lp :)

#6 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Ever wonder what might have been different had Jerry not had the heart problems? My guess is Marty would not have lasted as long as he did, and maybe Fox wouldn't have survived 2009.

#7 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Ever wonder what might have been different had Jerry not had the heart problems? My guess is Marty would not have lasted as long as he did, and maybe Fox wouldn't have survived 2009.

Agree. Think changes would have been made earlier.

#8 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

I guess maybe its because I've been around for this entire ride we call the Panthers, I figured that all of the things mentioned by the OP were common knowledge to real Panther fans.

After being on this board for a over a year now I see exactly why great posters like Lady Panther have to make these kinds of statements.

After only 17 years we are already forgetting what it took to get a team here and how impossible it sounded at the time.

Good job LP, continue to educate the youngins!

#9 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

This is a really good post. It put things into perspective. One day we will have that trophy in Charlotte :)

#10 Twilks

Twilks

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

And you my lady get my first ever like and pie.

#11 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Ignore some of the juvenile delinquents on the board, Great Post. And to the "LA Panthers" comments....the Chargers are 90 miles south...happy trails.

#12 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Very well wrote.

#13 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

And you my lady get my first ever like and pie.

Wow. Quite an honor!!!

Thanks to you and all those with likes and reps.

#14 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

I don't want to start a gif storm, so I'll do this:

Clap...........clap...........clap......clap.....clap....clap....clap..clap..clap..clap..clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!!

Seriously, awesome post!

#15 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I should change my gender on here to female. You automatically get 15 slices of pie no matter what you post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.