Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marty Hurney's final gift - Amini Silatolu

66 posts in this topic

Posted

We have the same problem with Amini as with DWill and Stew, namely, a major disconnect between Marty and the coaches.

Amini is first and foremost a road grader type run blocker. That's not what we do. We pass the ball out of the shotgun. If we ran the ball more, Amini would suddenly start to look a lot better. He still has a lot of work to do to be a competent pass blocker.

Marty continued to draft and sign players for Foxball, while Chud has never seen a running play he liked deep down inside.

Posted

Amini was the coaches pick, not Hurney's. Should have gotten Cordy Glenn.

Posted

From what Rivera said at the time in pressers it seemed like Amini was a Chud pick. He talked about walking in on the offensive coaches watching film of players and saying "Man we need a guy like that" when he saw Amini. It's why they took him over the other guy (forget his name) that people were high on in the 2nd.

I believe Rivera specifically said he had that conversation with Hurney and Hurney was the one who pointed him out to Ron.

Posted

The guy is a rookie, he has played well at times not so well at other times. Had we picked some other player, its likely the same would still be true.

Posted

His play has gotten worse after loosing a pro bowl Center next to him.

Stop the presses!

1 person likes this

Posted

You know what, whether it was Hurney or Rivera who ultimately lead us to picking this guy, whoever it was wanted to be viewed as a genius! They wanted to be viewed as a person who could find talent anywhere, even in a school no one has ever heard of. Well, that has backfired considerably. It actually was a pre-cursor to Chud's "genius" of the read option offense.

Posted

Cordy Glenn has been dominating this year, btw.

This was my fear

Posted

Cordy Glenn was my pick as well.

HURNEY MAGIC.

Posted

Still remember them bragging about how he was owning ppl in D3... I could go out there and own some ppl in D3.

3 people like this

Posted

Lol I remember in the summer when I called this dude a scrub and an awful pick by Marty.

I got flamed until mid August.

Funny how things change over time.

Posted

Amini Rollerstaketoyou

Posted

I have zero concern about Silatolu. He's being attacked the most by the defenses because he's the rawest, but the whole line is struggling to pick up defenders. The line calls are pathetic.