• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

In New York City Sunday. Is there a Panthers hang out/bar to watch the game?

Thanks.

#2 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

LMFAO whos the woman on your pic?

#3 dbeat

dbeat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

If you're looking for a designated Panthers bar, then no, there isn't one. I closest thing I've found is Brother Jimmy's on E77th and 2nd. There's always some Panthers fans in there on game day.

Edit: I should mention that Brother Jimmys is an NC bbq bar/restaurant with lots of UNC, NC State and Duke signage up. And Cheerwine...not that you'll be drinking soda.

#4 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

A great guy who owns Claddagh Irish Pub in High Point also has a spot in NYC. Not sure if its going to be a Panthers bar but it has NC connections. Thats my .02

#5 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,973 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I never found one.

#6 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

In NYC myself and never found one. I've been going to Snap on 14th and 8th this season - it's pretty good, if you show up about 30 minutes before kickoff you can easily get a seat at the bar and request the Panthers game (I'm usually the only one requesting it lol). Decent food and $5 draft beers, so it's not terribly expensive either.

#7 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thank you and I'll probably head to Brother Jimmy's.

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

In NYC myself and never found one. I've been going to Snap on 14th and 8th this season - it's pretty good, if you show up about 30 minutes before kickoff you can easily get a seat at the bar and request the Panthers game (I'm usually the only one requesting it lol). Decent food and $5 draft beers, so it's not terribly expensive either.

???????

Ugh, fug New York.

#9 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,539 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

I watch the games on my couch. Fug a loud, crowded bar.

#10 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

???????

Ugh, fug New York.

Haha, are you saying that is expensive? I'm used to $8 drafts at most places, so $5 is cheap in comparison. They also have a wide selection of draft beers, not just your usual Coors/Miller/Bud Light poo beers. But yeah, it's not like 25 cent beer nights and what not that I was used to in Chapel Hill, that's for sure.

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Haha, are you saying that is expensive? I'm used to $8 drafts at most places, so $5 is cheap in comparison. They also have a wide selection of draft beers, not just your usual Coors/Miller/Bud Light poo beers. But yeah, it's not like 25 cent beer nights and what not that I was used to in Chapel Hill, that's for sure.

Jesus christ, that's like stadium prices. I tend bar, and we have 12 drafts. None of which are over 4.50 and we have daily 2 dollar and 3 dollar specials. For instance, Fat Tire and Blue Moon were 3 bucks today.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

200 fifth, it's in park slope brooklyn but a good place to watch football, good beer and food. more steeler, giant, jets and cowboys fans but i go there if i go anywhere and if you get there early enough, each table has there own tvs so u can watch the game of your choice.

there is a saints bar in the les that ive been considering going to when we play them - billy hurricanes

you've struck gold in nyc if u can find pints for under $6 or $7

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

Thank you and I'll probably head to Brother Jimmy's.

its not that great, foodwise or anything. when we first moved here, i asked them if they played the panthers games, but they didnt have the ticket, just played whatever was on tv. could have changed but not sure, i would call and ask first.

#14 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Brother Jimmy's is great for college games (ACC), but I only tolerate it for that. The food is pretty shitty and NFL games usually aren't as expansive as other bars.

#15 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Jesus christ, that's like stadium prices. I tend bar, and we have 12 drafts. None of which are over 4.50 and we have daily 2 dollar and 3 dollar specials. For instance, Fat Tire and Blue Moon were 3 bucks today.

5 bucks for a good draft is pretty standard pricing for bars in Charlotte. In NYC I'd consider that a good deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com