8 replies to this topic

#1 methodtoll

methodtoll

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationToccoa, GA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

Noticed that HHGREGG will have it on sale for $799 on Black Friday.

Is it worth looking into?

#2 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

The question is do you have Room? I'm not sure about what lighting element that mistu uses but They have made good Tvs in the past. 73" is A LOT if screen real estate for me. It also probably wont hang flat because it's a projection tv.

I might brave my local hhgregg to check it out.

#3 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

The 73" will be about 18" deep, it is NOT a hang-on-the-wall TV. It is the most picture inch-per-dollar, but have a look at the picture quality. I own a Mits DLP, a 2004 52", and would get another. Go take a look, check viewing angles, the picture looks much better straight-on the at any off-angle. The refresh rate is supposed to be 2nd to none, much faster than any 120hz display. Also, if you like the picture, see what model it is. I know the higher up models, the Diamond Series, have a built in surround bar, it sounds awesome and has a subwoofer output on the back, very nice...

You will get a sharper picture from a LCD or LED TV but you wont be able to beat that price....

Have I answered all your questions today? Anything else I can help you with?

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,486 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

The 73" will be about 18" deep, it is NOT a hang-on-the-wall TV. It is the most picture inch-per-dollar, but have a look at the picture quality. I own a Mits DLP, a 2004 52", and would get another. Go take a look, check viewing angles, the picture looks much better straight-on the at any off-angle. The refresh rate is supposed to be 2nd to none, much faster than any 120hz display. Also, if you like the picture, see what model it is. I know the higher up models, the Diamond Series, have a built in surround bar, it sounds awesome and has a subwoofer output on the back, very nice...

You will get a sharper picture from a LCD or LED TV but you wont be able to beat that price....

Have I answered all your questions today? Anything else I can help you with?

What is the meaning of life?

PS- did you call me yesterday? tried to PM you and your mailbox must be full...

#5 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Eventually you'll have to change the bulbs in the DLP TV. I personally try to avoid buying things that have guaranteed future costs.

#6 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

whatever room you stick that TV in is going to be hot as hell....make sure you keep a window cracked

#7 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,836 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

What is the meaning of life?

PS- did you call me yesterday? tried to PM you and your mailbox must be full...

We are all one consciousness experiencing itself, life is but a dream in which we are the imaginations of ourselves....

My mailboxes are always full....

Eventually you'll have to change the bulbs in the DLP TV. I personally try to avoid buying things that have guaranteed future costs.

Replacement bulb is only about $35 now... As opposed to the $300 I paid in 2008 for the same thing...

whatever room you stick that TV in is going to be hot as hell....make sure you keep a window cracked

Nah, just put a small shelf over the back of the TV, keeps them nachos warm...

#8 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

I have a Mitsubishi 62in rear projection TV, just recently my bulb went out again. Cost 250 bucks for a new bulb at FRYs. God I hate this Fuggin TV.

#9 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

I have a Mitsubishi 62in rear projection TV, just recently my bulb went out again. Cost 250 bucks for a new bulb at FRYs. God I hate this Fuggin TV.

Check Amazon next time. I have a Toshiba 52" and the last bulb I put in it was $50 from Amazon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.