Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam improved today.

129 posts in this topic

Posted

He played decent....but im starting to worry about his accuracy, long term. He played well enough to win though.

His accuracy will be better when we get a new OC and HC. That won't hand cuff him in a college offense. He threw some zingers today when given time. The slant to Smitty between 3 defenders was a beauty.

Posted

Cam's accuracy will improve dramatically when we get rid of the gimmicks and get him back to running pro sets.

1 person likes this

Posted

yep. when he runs out of pro sets his short-to-medium-range passes that he's so maligned for look absolutely artistic.

i am not even remotely worried about cam's future.

1 person likes this

Posted

Today's performance would've been the average performance for Cam in 2012 had our coaches came in ready to coach professional football this year. Again, he excelled from under center, yet, Chud only has him there about 20% of the time. I'm happy for Cam as far as today goes, but I'm also angry for him being stuck with such inept coaches that have held him back this year.

Posted

I like how Cam was on the Sidelines encouraging the Oline. Also I like how Cam wasnt on the bench, he was on the sideline cheering for the DEF to get a stop...

Posted

Still on the fence with him as of now, but I have no complaints on his performance today. He did his part. Jon Gruden would transform this beast named Cameron Jerrell Newton.

What QB has Gruden ever developed?

Posted

I'm worried about Cam throwing the out route. He showed some nice accuracy in the middle of the field today, but his angles to the sidelines are very scary for the most part. Some great catches by WR have helped (Murphy today, for example).

Posted

Still on the fence with him as of now, but I have no complaints on his performance today. He did his part. Jon Gruden would transform this beast named Cameron Jerrell Newton.

Gruden was terrible at developing QBs

Posted

Chris Weinke for QB coach in 2013.

3 people like this

Posted

Gruden was terrible at developing QBs

gruden made no attempt to develop QBs.

he's old school like john fox.

give them a run game and a defense, fug a qb.

Posted

I'm worried about Cam throwing the out route. He showed some nice accuracy in the middle of the field today, but his angles to the sidelines are very scary for the most part. Some great catches by WR have helped (Murphy today, for example).

I think the sideline routes are predictable....he is throwing lasers yet they continuously are jumped almost by the CBs. I think that is Chud's counter for his deep routes not developing. defenses know the deep stuff hasn't been developing as of let bc of the OL....now they are jumping the comebacks

Posted

I liked him throwing the ball away instead of trying to force something that could have been an INT.

this more than anything...he was much more decisive than usual.

he did a lot less standing in the pocket like a deer in headlights waiting for everyone else to make something happen. he made things happen himself.

1 person likes this