Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we keep Rivera for another Season?

109 posts in this topic

Posted

fug No!

Posted

not only should we not keep rivera another season he should be fired effective 3 weeks ago.

His game management is terrible. The fact that he allowed chud to wait until the season was effectively scuttled to make even the most minor adjustments to the offense is offensive.The fact that he called a timeout that allowed another team to put points on the board that otherwise would not have been is unforgivable. The fact that he can't seem to shoulder any blame for the seasons issues to this point is poor leadership.

Its mind boggling to me that a team can beat us by running the same 6 times in a row, but we never repeat play calling that is successful. This coaching staff constantly out thinks itself. They seem to think they can gimmick themselves into a good team.

If John fox played not to lose Rivera is playing not to win. and you can quote me on that.

Posted

Look he's good as gone at the end of the year.

So why argue

Posted

I think not. Keeping anything around from this season is probably a bad decision. The cancer of losing needs to be cut from charlotte and in this case taking the leg to make sure you get the bad toe is acceptable.

I would keep Luke, Greg, Cam, Norman, CJ, and Smitty.

Everyone else down to the concessions staff are expendable IMO. F-ck 'em all.

Posted

people believe that it won't happen, just like people believe there's no way in hell rivera stays another season.

i believe that all bets are off with a new gm.

nothing would surprise me.

Pretty sure one of the first questions in the gm interviews will be regarding our offense, and if Cam isn't in that plan I doubt they will even proceed. Richardson won't hear that noise.

Where are we going to find the cap room to sign a decent QB anyhow?

Unless you think Derek Anderson is the answer and if so well I am concerned for you.

Posted

It was pretty dumb of JR to fire all the coaching staff but keep on a GM that was a huge part of our downfall and now we are living with that GM's decisions on an incompetent coaching staff

Posted

I know its two different sports but all you have to do is look at the Charlotte Bobcats to know coaching plays a HUGE role in turning a team around. Mike Dunlap has a team of just two star potential players in Kidd-Gilchrist and Walker, the rest of the guys would be lucky to be back ups on better teams. Bobcats are 5-0 in games decided by 4 points or less. Polar opposite of the Panthers.. Why? Coaching!

Posted

If it were up to me I would have Rivera here in August 2013. I just like the 3 year chance for any coach.

If he got fired tomorrow I would be OK with it

1 person likes this

Posted

Hell no.

He's worst than Seifert. I'd rather go 1-16 with Seifert all over than spend another damn season with Dumb@$$ chico

1 person likes this

Posted

True but in this case I'm doing a criticle thinking argument, I'm trying to get some people to consider a different point of view and have already stated as much in this thread.

Am I doing this because I believe we should keep Rivera? Nope never said we should keep him, just stated the case for keeping him.

This thread is more relevent for actual panther discussion then 99% of everything that's posted in here

Posted

it wouldn't matter if they kept him.

he wouldn't have a place to play, we'd burn that mafugin stadium to the ground.

Posted

Hell no.

He's worst than Seifert. I'd rather go 1-16 with Seifert all over than spend another damn season with Dumb@$$ chico

Seifert is far worse then Rivera, and its not even close.

Rivera, you could say is not responsible for the current personnel issues with the team.

Seifert was completely responsible