Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera vs. Gettis

79 posts in this topic

Posted

How much game shape and chemistry does it take to tell him to run as fast as he can in a straight line and tell cam to throw it as far as he can once or twice a game at the least?

Well, Steve Smith often comments on the process for him to get in game shape when interviewed before a season.

More to it then running in a straight line untouched and walking into the endzone

Posted

and again,its not like you asking him to be on the field for 20+ plays.plus a guy that was IR since august,was just signed who also could get your QB killed for missing an assignment played monday.

That guy is a vet and played a full season last year....

Little different than a young player who only played a rookie season in 2010....in a new offense and new QB

Posted

That guy is a vet and played a full season last year....

Little different than a young player who only played a rookie season in 2010....in a new offense and new QB

only difference is Bridges played last year, while Gettis did not. new offense and QB for both guys. if anything the younger guy should get his legs back quicker than the 30+ year old vet.

Posted

only difference is Bridges played last year, while Gettis did not. new offense and QB for both guys. if anything the younger guy should get his legs back quicker than the 30+ year old vet.

One is a 10 yr vet....I think picking things up is a little easier.

Posted

One is a 10 yr vet....I think picking things up is a little easier.

not like he wasnt in TC last year, and has had a play book for over a year. plus im pretty sure he has been taking mental reps from the sideline when not getting treatment.

Posted

not like he wasnt in TC last year, and has had a play book for over a year. plus im pretty sure he has been taking mental reps from the sideline when not getting treatment.

Fact remains, one has 10 years under his belt vs a guy with 1. That is huge.

Second, Smitty, LaFell and Olsen are all 3 better rec targets. Gettis is in the mix with the next tier. Bridges is in the mix for the main gig.

They aren't comparable

Posted

Second, Smitty, LaFell and Olsen are all 3 better rec targets. Gettis is in the mix with the next tier. Bridges is in the mix for the main gig.

They aren't comparable

Gettis was a much better target than Lafell.

Posted

Gettis was a much better target than Lafell.

He isn't now.

And LaFell was a more well rounded player as a rookie.

Posted

He isn't now.

And LaFell was a more well rounded player as a rookie.

You nor I have absolutely no idea how good he is now. That's the whole point of the thread.

Posted

They aren't comparable

not like the guy hasnt played football before either.they are if you consider Gettis has experience playing WR(would push for #3 spot) and returning KO. you know like i do, that Rivera dog house is a bitch to get out of.

Posted

so even if the player is not in shape and not on the same page with the QB.........

we should bench someone else in order for him to play because ??

You honestly believe Gettis isn't in shape? He has seen time on the field, and is consistently regarded by players as one of the fastest guys on the team. Not in shape my foot.

...until he and Rivera got into it. It's just a bunch of bologna that people are buying.

Posted

You nor I have absolutely no idea how good he is now. That's the whole point of the thread.

One could use common sense and basic reasoning to make an educated guess....

Gettis, right now, isn't a better overall player than Smith, Olsen or LaFell.

One reasonably could assume he would fall somewhere near Murphy overall.