Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A concise history of black-white relations in the USA

118 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BBQ&Beer' timestamp='1354216169' post='2022514']
So if he were to hold certain prejudices in the future, at least part of the blame would be due to those kids with recognisably cultural names?
[/quote]

You miss the whole "judge people by their actions/content of character part"?

But you'd have to be a naive baffoon to think early life experiences do not play a part in stereotypes. It's human nature.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gospodin shuttlesworth' timestamp='1354212349' post='2022349']

hey that's great and all, race is irrelevant when choosing friends and whatnot, but you should always be perceptive of it so that, say, when particular races are oppressed, you can identify it
[/quote]

unless I am reading this wrong, I think that's exactly the wrong response!!!

we go on and on and on about equality and diversity, but we are supposed to recognize it when people are oppressed based on their race? Why not just look at people as individuals and recognize when they are oppressed as an individial instead? why should it matter what their skin tone or the nationality is?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='mmmbeans' timestamp='1354211931' post='2022323']
1. these people were not bred for slavery in africa. europeans/americans did not go into the jungles of africa and pull out africans, they paid other africans to do it for them... I'm not sure how you conclude that this somehow excludes them from critique.

2. The US was one of the last of many nations to ban slavery.
[/quote]I'm not excluding them by any means. i do not condone what happened back then or today in most african, asian, and e.european nations. I was pointing out that it isn't just evil white people. My family has never taught me to hate or discriminate based on anything other than the content of character. I base my friends on the same philosophy. And maybe you are right we might have been one of the last legislateively. but actively slavery is very rampant in this world. but theres no evil whites to point the finger at, so we just ignore it. And if this doesn't exclude whites does it exclude the africans who took money and captured thier own people? Cause there ain't a dollar amount that i would sell out my own people for. Or anyone else for that matter. To me this whole racist arguement is what the gov hoped for when they created segratist laws. In hopes that the whites and blacks would never unify. Keeps us in seperate voting blocks long after segragation. To me our differences is what makes life worth living. How could I be myself if I'm just trying to be like everybody else?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1354216797' post='2022537']

You miss the whole "judge people by their actions/content of character part"?[/quote]
Nope.
[Quote]But you'd have to be a naive baffoon to think early life experiences do not play a part in stereotypes. It's human nature.
[/quote]
So that's a yes then.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BBQ&Beer' timestamp='1354216169' post='2022514']
So if he were to hold certain prejudices in the future, at least part of the blame would be due to those kids with recognisably cultural names?
[/quote]

You're assuming he will, but if he does...it may/may not be due to his elementary experience. It may be something else. But to think it is never possible would be stupidly naive on my part.

Posted · Report post

There was a good article this year about a black baseball player being mad at MLB for saying baseball needs to have more black players etc. I'm sure it was white people who thought this is what was needed because you know those educated whites know the plight of blacks. His point was many black kids are ding other important things besides sports and baseball.

Let me find that link and one of you enlightened white libs can forward the cartoon to him and tell him you understand.

Posted · Report post

All _____________ generalize the __________ issue.

Sums it up.

Morons, the lot of ya.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1354283712' post='2023489']
All _____________ generalize the __________ issue.

Sums it up.

Morons, the lot of ya.
[/quote]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Wheel_of_Fortune_-_Season_26_-_Round_4.svg/513px-Wheel_of_Fortune_-_Season_26_-_Round_4.svg.png[/img]

Posted · Report post

He who doesn't understand a race typically offers the most input about said race.
He who gets along just fine with another group of people never starts a thread or facebook feeds about them.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1354284423' post='2023504']
He who doesn't understand a race typically offers the most input about said race.
He who gets along just fine with another group of people never starts a thread or facebook feeds about them.
[/quote]

sorry pstall but this is bullshit

Posted · Report post

Its not. And it was not directed at you either man. You have a level head about things.
Kinda mocking the usual suspects who keep pouring water on the race gremlin to keep it alive.
I know u started the thread and even mentioned fb lol but not aimed you.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1354300104' post='2024084']
Its not. And it was not directed at you either man. You have a level head about things.
Kinda mocking the usual suspects who keep pouring water on the race gremlin to keep it alive.
I know u started the thread and even mentioned fb lol but not aimed you.
[/quote]

nah philly is correct; it's complete bullshit