#63 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

It's pretty much a figure speech...

This,

I mean yeah you could . . you could also chop your own arm off and eat it but wouldnt a cheeseburger be better?

No need to trade the team but yeah that is relatively accurate I think.

#64 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

I would say Olsen too..We can't afford to lose him

#65 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

I would say Olsen too..We can't afford to lose him

Eh....he isn't untouchable. He is pretty one dimensional.

Scheme would matter and could impact him

#66 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Eh....he isn't untouchable. He is pretty one dimensional.

Scheme would matter and could impact him

Yeah, it did in Chicago

#67 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

He's also a good player, who could start for a lot of teams. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to make the most money he can at this point in his career, in fact I encourage him to see if he can start for another team. Yet if he is content in being a pure back up, not looking to take away snaps from Beason, I would love to have him here.

Beason might not deserve starter snaps next year.....

#68 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Those were the two I told my buddy. Anyone else is fair game, as to will everyone be fair game no.
Olsen/Johnson/Kalil won't be touched. And more than likely Hardy will reup...... other than that have at em.

#69 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Those were the two I told my buddy. Anyone else is fair game, as to will everyone be fair game no.
Olsen/Johnson/Kalil won't be touched. And more than likely Hardy will reup...... other than that have at em.

We have Olsen bc he is a glorified WR and didn't fit a system....not all schemes want such. If our new coach runs a Fox type O and we were to bring back the power run game we would need a more well rounded TE

#70 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Olsen's contract also takes a big jump next year. He is slated to be paid elite TE money.

To me, Olsen is good, not elite.

#71 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

We have Olsen bc he is a glorified WR and didn't fit a system....not all schemes want such. If our new coach runs a Fox type O and we were to bring back the power run game we would need a more well rounded TE

Is that the kind of offense that plays to our QB's strengths?
Will our GM buck the new trend of using pass catching TE's to go back to a coach in the style of the one we had for almost a decade that the owner felt we had to go in a different direction from?

As much as I want to get back to a power rushing game (Trust me I do) I don't think we will get rid of our pass catching TE....
Funny I remember we had a pretty good TE AND running game on our march to the superbowl..... but that was so long ago I could be mistaken.

#72 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Is that the kind of offense that plays to our QB's strengths?
Will our GM buck the new trend of using pass catching TE's to go back to a coach in the style of the one we had for almost a decade that the owner felt we had to go in a different direction from?

As much as I want to get back to a power rushing game (Trust me I do) I don't think we will get rid of our pass catching TE....
Funny I remember we had a pretty good TE AND running game on our march to the superbowl..... but that was so long ago I could be mistaken.

Yes, it could.

Jake Delhomme wasn't a carve a team up QB. He was a hand it off, set the play action QB.....who them would fling it. Working off play action and going DEEP.....is pretty much perfect for Cam.

All power run games don't refuse to throw to TEs like Fox. Look at SF.....there power run game has been setting up their TE downfield. He just can dig in and block as well.

Fox never used TEs, not even in 2003.

#73 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Fox never used TEs, not even in 2003.

Yeah, i remember in 03 it was a heavy dose of Muhammad Smith and Prohel

#74 mcribbz

mcribbz

Lookin' 4 a qb

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Cam should not be untouchable. Mark my words the franchise is gonna waste another five to seven years on another sub par qb. then were gonna start over again. that poo sucks. no I'm not using a different name this is me and I'm Feed up with the stupid decisions this club makes and the dumb fanbase that urges them on. I love the Panthers but I am so sick of them not doing the right thing.

#75 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Cam should not be untouchable. Mark my words the franchise is gonna waste another five to seven years on another sub par qb. then were gonna start over again. that poo sucks. no I'm not using a different name this is me and I'm Feed up with the stupid decisions this club makes and the dumb fanbase that urges them on. I love the Panthers but I am so sick of them not doing the right thing.

Nothing about Cam suggests the words sub par should be used....

Yeah, a guy who has scored more TDs than anyone in NFL history through his first 27 games shouldn't be safe.....LMFAO. Imagine what he could do with a good coaching staff and complete team around him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.