#121 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

You need to check their record last year before posting something like that.

He does have better supporting cast.....that supporting cast includes coaches, GM, and owner. In Indy all of those 3 are superior to what is present in Carolina.

#122 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

He does have better supporting cast.....that supporting cast includes coaches, GM, and owner. In Indy all of those 3 are superior to what is present in Carolina.

Not going to argue coaching, that is why I didn't underline that part of his post, but on Paper Carolina is loaded with Talent.

#123 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

Not going to argue coaching, that is why I didn't underline that part of his post, but on Paper Carolina is loaded with Talent.

Take off the fan glasses and point out where.

On offense (ignoring the QB spot) we're only better at RB, LT and maybe TE. And that's being generous to Gross who's had a bad year and anchors a bottom five line this season. Kalil would be here but he's not played this year and wasn't playing well when he was. We also barely utilize Stewart and Williams and when we do we murder their effectiveness with all sorts of weird ass formations and calls. So while on paper we're better at RB, you wouldn't know it from our stats because they've been Chudzinskied.

I'm trying to find a single position on Defense outside of one or two Linebackers where we're obviously better. Again, Gamble would be here but he's gone for the season.

Then there's coaching. I'll save you from reading four paragraphs of ranting and just say "Colts > Panthers".

Luck was supposed to be good right away. And he is. His floor is laughably high. His INT count is higher than it should be but they have him throw a metric poo ton every game, so I don't think you can really hold that against him.

Remember when Newton was drafted with one year of big boy starting experience and every pundit alive said he'd need a few years to develop and grow? And Carolina said "nah fug it" and threw him out anyways? That didn't make people less right, he did (and does) need to continue developing, we're just making it harder on him by tossing a franchise on his back while he does it. He looked like he might crumble and backslide earlier in the year but pay attention to the strides he's made during the last half of the season and it's pretty exciting to watch. He's getting better, he's more involved with his team, he's been more accurate, etc etc. He still needs to work on his footwork, how to slide around in the pocket (right now he either throws or tries to run and takes some stupid sacks as a result). Statistically, he's had a great string of games for 3 or 4 weeks now.

tl;dr There's not a big disparity talent wise between the Colts and Panthers. Luck is good, Newton is good, our coaches need to be launched into the sun.

#124 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

There's not a big disparity talent wise between the Colts and Panthers. Luck is good, Newton is good, our coaches need to be launched into the sun.

You basically agreed with me, I have never argued that Carolina's coaching has lived up its check this season.

#125 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

You basically agreed with me, I have never argued that Carolina's coaching has lived up its check this season.

I know. I was more trying to argue the "loaded with talent" part, especially when comparing with the Colts.

#126 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

You need to check their record last year before posting something like that. BTW I am not trashing Cam, he played well enough to win this weekend.

There is no reason though to diminish what Luck is doing to promote CAMs play.

You need to check who they were missing last year. League is all about QB play. Colts had a lot of talent last year, just didn't have anyone to run the offense. If you took Cam off the Panthers we would have at most one win this season....

#127 Car123

Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Most of the players in Carolina's 2012 team were here in 2010.

#128 mcribbz

mcribbz

Lookin' 4 a qb

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Colin is dead on what's scary is that u guys are such homers u can't see it. I have come to accept that I am gonna have to watch my favorite team founder for another five or more years and mabe we will get it right next time. but u guys gotta wake up and see it for what it is not what u want it to be.

#129 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,202 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Colin is a c*nt. AND WHY DOES NOBODY MENTION THE GODDAMN FACT THAT THE LIONS SAFETY DROPPED THE GODDAMN GAME-SEALING INTERCEPTION THE PLAY BEFORE?!?!?!

OR the fact that the "game-winning" throw was a f*cking dump off to an uncovered Avery who ran untouched into the endzone? I hate this planet, I hate the imbeciles in this fanbase, and I hope Colin Cowherd steps on a Lego.

#130 BadMoonRising

BadMoonRising

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMonroe, LA

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

You need to check who they were missing last year. League is all about QB play. Colts had a lot of talent last year, just didn't have anyone to run the offense. If you took Cam off the Panthers we would have at most one win this season....

Compared to three?

how many wins would you have if say Luck was the QB of the Panthers this year? 3 or more, or 3 or less.

#131 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,202 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Compared to three?

how many wins would you have if say Luck was the QB of the Panthers this year? 3 or more, or 3 or less.

With this coaching staff and offense? Not a single one.

#132 mcribbz

mcribbz

Lookin' 4 a qb

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Definitely three or more

#133 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Colin is a c*nt. AND WHY DOES NOBODY MENTION THE GODDAMN FACT THAT THE LIONS SAFETY DROPPED THE GODDAMN GAME-SEALING INTERCEPTION THE PLAY BEFORE?!?!?!

OR the fact that the "game-winning" throw was a f*cking dump off to an uncovered Avery who ran untouched into the endzone? I hate this planet, I hate the imbeciles in this fanbase, and I hope Colin Cowherd steps on a Lego.

Thats harsh man...

#134 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Definitely three or more

Running the read option as his base set for half a season?

Three or less.

#135 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,773 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Definitely three or more

no quarterback is winning any games with this team if they throw 3 INTS.

not cam newton, not andrew luck, not joe montana. it's amusing that you're wringing your hands over the "blind homers" and how we've got five years of darkness to look forward to as a franchise thanks to $cam Newton when you've clearly not thought critically about this at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com