Photo
- - - - -

Who would you choose for the next 5 years? Russel Wilson, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or Ed from Good Burger Aka Bob Griffin

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#181 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

are you seriously going to sit here and argue that the read option lunacy we were subjected to for half of this season should be disregarded as a factor in cam's "slump".

I am seriously going to say, stuff like that worked last year but not this year. Why? We aren't making the same plays we did last year. It wasn't like last season was the best playcalling in the NFL, but Cam was balling regardless. It didn't matter. Now here we are one season later and its 100% the coaches fault? I just don't see it. And I never liked Rivera. I did like the McD hire as the DC though.

#182 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,987 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I am seriously going to say, stuff like that worked last year but not this year. Why? We aren't making the same plays we did last year. It wasn't like last season was the best playcalling in the NFL, but Cam was balling regardless. It didn't matter. Now here we are one season later and its 100% the coaches fault? I just don't see it. And I never liked Rivera. I did like the McD hire as the DC though.

it worked last year because it wasn't our base offense, particularly early on when chud was having cam sling it and he was smashing passing records.

we started to lean on it more heavily as the season wore on and smashed a tampa bay team that had all but given up twice. even then chud was still a lot more judicious with it than he was in the first half of this season.

#183 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

it worked last year because it wasn't our base offense, particularly early on when chud was having cam sling it and he was smashing passing records.

we started to lean on it more heavily as the season wore on and smashed a tampa bay team that had all but given up twice. even then chud was still a lot more judicious with it than he was in the first half of this season.

Slinging it has been a stupid idea in Carolina. We have had six games since drafting Cam Newton with over 300 passing yards. We have won one. On the flip side, 3 of the 5 games with less than 200 passing yards have resulted in wins.

#184 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

no need to sling it wild just need pro offense.

#185 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

QBR??? LOL.

Listen guys, Cam is in a slump because I said so. Please ignore all other factors within the entire organization.

#186 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

• HUDDLER
  • 5,399 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Cam hasnt thrown a pick in like 4 and won the Philly game by himself...his slump is over..

#187 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Cam hasnt thrown a pick in like 4 and won the Philly game by himself...his slump is over..

Hasn't thrown a pick in 3 games. But indeed, it looks like his slump is over at the moment. Four games left though. Hopefully he can keep this momentum going into next season and we get a few more playmakers.

#188 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hasn't thrown a pick in 3 games. But indeed, it looks like his slump is over at the moment. Four games left though. Hopefully he can keep this momentum going into next season and we get a few more playmakers.

There is no slump. It's called horrible coaching even Keyshawn Johnson said something about it. .

#189 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

There is no slump. It's called horrible coaching even Keyshawn Johnson said something about it. .

Coaching can not force Cam to make bad reads, or hold the ball too long, or overthrow receivers. Jesus. Some people here think nothing is Cam's own doing. Players make plays.

#190 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Players make plays.

Tell that to the 52 other players on the roster. Like the defense that made Brady Quinn look like a pro bowler.

#191 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Tell that to the 52 other players on the roster. Like the defense that made Brady Quinn look like a pro bowler.

Aren't the Panthers one of the top teams for "missed tackles" this season? You guys will look for anything to take blame off of players making stupid decisions. Part of the problem on this team, is indeed players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com