Photo
- - - - -

Who would you choose for the next 5 years? Russel Wilson, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, or Ed from Good Burger Aka Bob Griffin

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#76 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

If I had to go in order, it would go like this:

1. Cam Newton
1a. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Russel Wilson
75. Brandon Weeden

#77 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

I don't know but minus Weeden, these guys are the future of the league. Wilson is intriguing to me, he just has something special that can't be measured.

#78 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

I will take Cam. He is a pretty darn QB right now and is still learning. He is playing well despite being way behind in terms of learning about the QB position. He has more natural ability than all of the other QBs combined. He just has to figure poo out. It may be until his 5th or 6th year, but when the mental part of his game catches up to his abilities I think he will be a nightmare match up. Moreso than any of those other guys.

My second choice is Russell Wilson, third Bob Griffin, fourth Andrew Luck.

#79 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I will take Cam. He is a pretty darn QB right now and is still learning. He is playing well despite being way behind in terms of learning about the QB position. He has more natural ability than all of the other QBs combined. He just has to figure poo out. It may be until his 5th or 6th year, but when the mental part of his game catches up to his abilities I think he will be a nightmare match up. Moreso than any of those other guys.

My second choice is Russell Wilson, third Bob Griffin, fourth Andrew Luck.

Why Bob so late and Luck?

#80 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

If Cam wasn't an option I'd pick Luck, then Griffin, then Wilson, then maybe Andy Dalton. would not want Weeden or Gabbert

#81 Panthers Nation

Panthers Nation

Swaggin on ducks on a daily basis.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Cam fuggin Newton because he has the most potential.

#82 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

going to offset homerism with my own homerism

I'm taking Wilson all day. From what I have seen and heard, he's the smartest and the hardest working. I would never wish injury on anyone, but the way they play, Newton and RG3 won't make it the next 5 years without suffering either a major injury or repetitive minor injuries. Luck has huge potential as well and I'm guessing in 5 years, he'll have best all around stats. Wilson will have the better W-L and playoff record.

I like Wilson. He's going to be at just as much injury risk as Cam or RG3, unless you aren't paying attention to your own games.

#83 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

Im a homer so I'm going with Cam if he can loose his media attitudes. But really it's a no brainier. It'll be Luck.

Wilson has talents, I'm not going to lie but he's winning games with his Defense and a "body catcher" Golden Tate. Can someone explain to me how Tate constantly is making plays every week with his body catches? Idk

Bob, he's okay. 3rd on my list

#84 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

I'd take Cam because he would probably be the best one to party with. would probably have the most laughs around him

Imagine going out with Luck and listen to him talk to you with his peanut butter mouth

Oh ya and cam is 6'5 250 and the best dual threat in the NFL. His arm is better than bobs and cam will last longer taking hits

#85 Catfight84

Catfight84

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Luck is sick

#86 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,138 posts

i would take Andrew Luck...why?

b/c he's the best QB out of those listed...he's just got it...he seems like a very good leader...he's accurate...he knows how to get it done in the clutch...what he's doing in Indy is just special

Exactly what's special about 17 TDs to 16 INTs? What Cam did his rookie year was far beyond anything Luck has done.

#87 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I like Wilson. He's going to be at just as much injury risk as Cam or RG3, unless you aren't paying attention to your own games.

I don't think he's taken near as many big hits as most

#88 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,607 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Why Bob so late and Luck?

Russell Wilson is just better than both of them right now in my opinion. I also don't see that changing in the near future.

Bob has been great but am not sure he can take the hits he has had to take over the long haul. He has already had one concussion, he is only the size of a WR, and I don't believe he has been asked to make certain throws in his offense. But all he has done is been efficient in the offense they are running so I am not going to hold that against him. He has been awesome so far.

Andrew Luck. I have been more critical of him than most people. I am not sure how much upside he actually has. I don't think he can make certain throws consistently and I don't think he has great arm strength. I think he is super smart, but that is part of the problem. If he was truly so intellectually advanced coming out of college, where does he have to grow? Don't get me wrong he is going to get better than he is right now. But I said before the draft I can see him more in the light of a Matt Ryan than a Peyton, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers. Mind you, that is still pretty damn good. But I have yet to see anything that makes me believe he is the best QB to come out of college in 20+ years. He can be a top 10 QB just not sure he will ever be a top 5 QB.

However, just as someone else said, I think these are all going to be really good QBs.

I take Cam because his upside is the highest in my opinion. He can make throws that the other QBs can't or aren't asked to. I also think he is farther behind the mental part of being a QB than any of the other 3 because of the offense he ran in college and the short time he was a starting QB in college. And lastly he has the body to withstand some punishment and continue to be a great short yardage guy for a very long time without the same repercussions that RG3 or Russell Wilson would have.

#89 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,836 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Exactly what's special about 17 TDs to 16 INTs? What Cam did his rookie year was far beyond anything Luck has done.

8-4

#90 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I Dno man. He may just break Cam's passing record. I'm surprise no one have made a thread about it yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com