Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying Diamond Earrings...

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I got a 1ct diamond from diamond direct for $4k. Same diamond was $9k on blue nile website. But blue nile settings are much cheaper. I paid $3k for setting at diamond direct and blue nile had similar one for $1.5k. So u win some, you lose some. Diamond direct offers free cleaning and resizing for life tho.

Posted

Clarity on earrings is not a big deal, I wouldn’t go anything higher than VS2, waste of money. Color and cut are the most important.

As for diamonds direct, that’s where I bought my wife’s ring. They will almost always beat a Jared, Kay, etc. The free cleaning and ring sizing is great, although it can take a while to get your rings back.

I got them to order/match the price from this website: http://www.overnightdiamonds.com/ The diamond was in a supplier warehouse and they were able to get it.

They matched the price which was way lower than what they were offering, plus they took the risk about shipment, etc.

Posted

If they are not conflict diamonds then youre doing it wrong.

Especially when its for a Xmas present.

Posted

ahhh de beers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just tried to call you K, hit me back.. Look, been workin at a pawn shop since August & have learned do not pay retail!!!! You can save your self considerable duckets. And understand, you have room to talk them down at a pawn shop, its unbelievable the money that is made especially off jewelry. You should pay around 60% of what they're asking, either that or brush up on your negotiating skills...

Perhaps get your stones at a pawn then get them set by a jeweler, possibly even a custom piece. Then you can say something real smooth like "Here Mrs.Klong, I had these made for you..." Youre welcome, I just got you laid at least twice....

Posted

twice? damn... that seems like a poor return on investment.

Posted

I did say "at least"... I know it wasnt Klong, but somebody on here was talkin about gettin some only once a year. I wasnt tryin to overstep any boundaries...

Posted

Don't you mean if they "are" conflict diamonds?

Posted

Don't you mean if they "are" conflict diamonds?

No...

Nothing says I Love You like a diamond mined by a slave in the service of a despotic warlord trying to fund his armed rebellion.

Posted

I definitely get laid more than once a year.

Posted

Advice for buying diamonds eaarings for women:

Go with princess cut and go the bare minimum in clarity and cut (can't be seen by the eye) and spend the rest on SIZE. Women care about size, not quality that can't be seen with the eye...men on the other hand think the opposite.

"yes...same price, but they're close to flawless!"

"but they're small...thats the biggest flaw a diamon can have!"

something to that effect....good luck

Posted

to hell with the diamonds....what she really wants is a pearl necklace