carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

sorry do not want Mike Jenkins, would rather go after Sean Smith from MIA

Are you being "picky"?
$hit I'd take any proven CB right now over what we have.

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Are you being "picky"?
$hit I'd take any proven CB right now over what we have.

clearly you don't know that much about Mike Jenkins

My best friend/roommate is a Cowboys fan. He hates Jenkins, he is an overrated poor ball hawk, who gets torched slightly less often than he gets injured. He also wants a big contract, as in number one corner money. I'm sorry but our corners have not been THAT bad this year. Gamble-Norman-Munnerlyn is a pretty solid one two three. Who would you have Jenkins replace? Gamble -LOL, Norman-i'd rather try to develop our cheap, potentially number one guy, and Munnerlyn is great at guarding the slot

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'll take it!

#14 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

clearly you don't know that much about Mike Jenkins

My best friend/roommate is a Cowboys fan. He hates Jenkins, he is an overrated poor ball hawk, who gets torched slightly less often than he gets injured. He also wants a big contract, as in number one corner money. I'm sorry but our corners have not been THAT bad this year. Gamble-Norman-Munnerlyn is a pretty solid one two three. Who would you have Jenkins replace? Gamble -LOL, Norman-i'd rather try to develop our cheap, potentially number one guy, and Munnerlyn is great at guarding the slot

I knoe Mike Jenkins. He came out of USF.
I always thought that he was average but he's 10x more what we have atm. He's to me is a pretty good cover guy with ball hawking ability. He's not even injury proned till like this season.

I can tell you no cbs me next year is going to get any big bucks. Jenkins will def be had at the cheap. I do prefer Sean, Cason and DRC ahead of him, but I don't care at this point.

#15 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

If you remove one year from his career, 2009, in which he had 49 tackles and 5 interceptions, his other fours years amount to 103 tackles and 3 ints and 1 FF. To put that in perspective he is on average: 25.75 tackles, 0.75 ints, and .25 FF- every year. Now whether that's injuries or just sucking I'm not sure.

congrats you know his college- so did I, that doesn't make him a good player and getting drafted in the first round by Jerry Jones is no way a stamp of approval.

I'll give you this, if he CAN be had for cheap at a two year max deal then I would bite, but I doubt that is likely.

Oh and just for comparison- Norman has 70 tackles and an INT this year, his rookie year.

#16 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I knoe Mike Jenkins. He came out of USF.
I always thought that he was average but he's 10x more what we have atm. He's to me is a pretty good cover guy with ball hawking ability. He's not even injury proned till like this season.

I can tell you no cbs me next year is going to get any big bucks. Jenkins will def be had at the cheap. I do prefer Sean, Cason and DRC ahead of him, but I don't care at this point.

Wait.... are those other corners you mentioned free agents coming up?

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

If you remove one year from his career, 2009, in which he had 49 tackles and 5 interceptions, his other fours years amount to 103 tackles and 3 ints and 1 FF. To put that in perspective he is on average: 25.75 tackles, 0.75 ints, and .25 FF- every year. Now whether that's injuries or just sucking I'm not sure.

congrats you know his college- so did I, that doesn't make him a good player and getting drafted in the first round by Jerry Jones is no way a stamp of approval.

I'll give you this, if he CAN be had for cheap at a two year max deal then I would bite, but I doubt that is likely.

Oh and just for comparison- Norman has 70 tackles and an INT this year, his rookie year.

I'm not looking to sign any CBs for more than a year. I want the new GM to be smart and get a guy like Cason, DRC, Sean, Grimes or Jenkins on a 1yr deal.

Carlos Rogers is much more talented than the guys above and he's barely getting anything from SF.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Wait.... are those other corners you mentioned free agents coming up?

Yeap!!!
Cason, DRC, Sean, Jenkins, Grimes are all upcoming FAs

#19 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeap!!!
Cason, DRC, Sean, Jenkins, Grimes are all upcoming FAs

Well in that case.... give me DRC or Sean Smith or heck just to spite Atlanta, LETS GET GRIMES! lol

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well in that case.... give me DRC or Sean Smith or heck just to spite Atlanta, LETS GET GRIMES! lol

I love DRC and then Sean.
But DRC been playing badly ever since he landed in Philly. I think he's still a very damn good shut down corner playing in a bad Philly team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users