Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

so would you guys still rather have Barron over Keek? serious question

No. But let's not act like Barron isn't going to be a top safety in the league. Barron and Kuechly has a chance to be the top 5 players at that their position.

#17 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...12/seasontype/2

If Jarod Mayo has less than 12 tackles tonight, Kuechly will be leading the NFL in tackles after this week.

#18 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...12/seasontype/2

If Jarod Mayo has less than 12 tackles tonight, Kuechly will be leading the NFL in tackles after this week.

It'll be based off of how often the Texans run the ball, I assume they will. A lot.

Has a rookie ever lead the league in tackles at the end of the year?

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

so would you guys still rather have Barron over Keek? serious question

Hell no but Barron would've made a huge difference in our secondary.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

It'll be based off of how often the Texans run the ball, I assume they will. A lot.

Has a rookie ever lead the league in tackles at the end of the year?

2007 Patrick Wills. Leading tackler (135) and DROY

#21 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

He'll definitely be in consideration, but realistically I'm not sure if he has made enough game-changing plays or not. Us who have watched every down this season, know he has made some fantastic, momentum-changing plays, but the people who vote probably haven't watched every down like we have. And the first four weeks, although not his fault, won't be a crutch for the voting.

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

He'll definitely be in consideration, but realistically I'm not sure if he has made enough game-changing plays or not. Us who have watched every down this season, know he has made some fantastic, momentum-changing plays, but the people who vote probably haven't watched every down like we have. And the first four weeks, although not his fault, won't be a crutch for the voting.

Remember he had a good name, resume, and reputation going into the draft and into the season. A lot of coaches, scouts, experts respect this kid. That will help him a lot. Not just that, all they have to do is go back and watch the Falcons game yesterday. How he played cat and mouse with Matt Ryan the whole game. People were crying all over how Vilma and Manning were going at it audibling plays in the Super Bowl. What Kuechly did with Matt Ryan was just as spectacular to watch. And that's coming from a rookie MLB.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,141 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Kuechly needs a couple of ints or ffs to seal the deal. If we started Kuechly in the middle from the beginning, and kept him on the field from the beginning, Keek would have had over 200 tackles, and more turnovers. Thanks again for sabotaging the team Rivera.

I don't think it'll hurt him much if he doesn't get more turnovers. If he reaches 160tackles? Which I think it'll really happen, thats going to seal it for him.

Patrick Wiilis and Brian Cushing both won DROY. They had more turnovers and sacks than Kuechly but neither of them even came close to having the tackles Kuechly going to have.

Luke Kuechly as of right now: 130 tackles, 1sack, 1int
Demeco Ryans 2006: 125 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1FF, 1int
Patrick Willis 2007: 135 tackles, 4sacks, 2FF
Brian Cushing 2011: 76 tackles, 4sacks, 2FF, 2 ints

#24 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Remember he had a good name, resume, and reputation going into the draft and into the season. A lot of coaches, scouts, experts respect this kid. That will help him a lot. Not just that, all they have to do is go back and watch the Falcons game yesterday. How he played cat and mouse with Matt Ryan the whole game. People were crying all over how Vilma and Manning were going at it audibling plays in the Super Bowl. What Kuechly did with Matt Ryan was just as spectacular to watch. And that's coming from a rookie MLB.

You don't have to sell him to me, he has my vote. After this odd season, nothing will surprise me including Luke gettin jobbed for DROY.

#25 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

He is playing at a Pro Bowl level as a rookie and the scary thing is that he has a ton of room for improvement.

He is average in coverage right now, but that should improve immensely once he's fully up to speed with the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com