• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Gift card... Then he can buy exactly what he wants...

I would like a Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0 3 wood... Used is fine... Thanks Shuf!

I'll try to have it there by Christmas! :cool:

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,750 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

I like people who suck at golf who think paying a bunch of money for new clubs will help.

I bought a set of Taylormade Burner Irons to replace some old Ping Zings I was given and they have made a huge difference.

#18 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I like people who suck at golf who think paying a bunch of money for new clubs will help.

Kind of like people that buy expensive cameras thinking it will take a better picture?

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

Basically what Panthro said... I'm about a 10 handicap and I got new Burner 2.0 Irons last year as well. In addition to gaining about 15 yards per club, those irons hit the ball much, much higher than my previous set which allows me to land the ball on the green and have it stay even at distances of around 200 yards.

That's my driver and it is awesome

Yeah, I got one last summer and gained about 10 yards on my average drive. The ball just blasts off of it. I'd like to have the matching 3 wood. Hopefully Shuf will come thru for me. :)

#20 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,204 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Basically what Panthro said... I'm about a 10 handicap and I got new Burner 2.0 Irons last year as well. In addition to gaining about 15 yards per club, those irons hit the ball much, much higher than my previous set which allows me to land the ball on the green and have it stay even at distances of around 200 yards.

Yeah, I got one last summer and gained about 10 yards on my average drive. The ball just blasts off of it. I'd like to have the matching 3 wood. Hopefully Shuf will come thru for me. :)

Yep I added at least 10 might be 20. Glad I tested it.

Now if I could just figure out how to hit my 5 iron I would be dangerous.

#21 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

I need a 200-215 hybrid. I haven't found one yet that I like....

Go try a Nickent. I play a 20 degree and wouldn't trade it for a club 3x as expensive.

#22 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yep I added at least 10 might be 20. Glad I tested it.

Now if I could just figure out how to hit my 5 iron I would be dangerous.

Yeah, my new set of irons is only 4-AW and a SW I bought separately. I play with a fade (and sometimes slice) but I've been working on it. These irons are much easier to hit than my previous irons, but the 4 and 5 irons I still have to work hard at to keep from slicing.

I still think we need to have a huddle golf tourney. Somebody set that up.

#23 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

The "Black Pearl" wedges are the Cleveland CG14, CG15 and CG16 models, and Cleveland has been known for making the best wedges in the business for many years. They also make the Black Pearl in the 588 Series, which is the touring pro version.

The CG14s will run you around $70-80 and the CG16s upwards of $90. You can find them at Edwin Watts, Golf USA, Dick's Sporting Goods. Avoid golf course pro shops where they'll charge you out the wazoo for these. The 588 Series will run you about $140 for the club.

You need to know which loft he wants- sand wedges are a personal preference and can be lofted anywhere between 54 and 58 degrees. Most off-the-shelf sand wedges are 55 or 56 degree lofts.

CG 15 or 588 >>>>>>>>>>>>> CG14 or CG16. Spend the extra money and get a club that doesn't have cheap plastic in the cavity.

#24 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Yeah, my new set of irons is only 4-AW and a SW I bought separately. I play with a fade (and sometimes slice) but I've been working on it. These irons are much easier to hit than my previous irons, but the 4 and 5 irons I still have to work hard at to keep from slicing.

That would be awesome!!

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Kind of like people that buy expensive cameras thinking it will take a better picture?

Exactly

#26 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

To Zod's point, I have had two sets of clubs my entire life. I play with guys that always buy the latest and greatest. Some are awesome and some struggle with the same things I do. My sand wedge is the same wedge I have had since I was 13. I can carve that sand like a knife through hot butter. I'm not good enough to keep adjusting to new equipment. The one exception is my driver. The new drivers they are producing nowadays make a huge difference.

#27 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

It's almost always the Indian and not the Arrow.

There's a guy here in my office who must spend $10K a year on equipment, and he can barely break 90.

#28 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I agree... clubs are only going to make minor differences to most golfers. The one exception is if you just have the flat out wrong equipment, such as a low degree driver and you hit the ball really low already...

#29 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,610 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I can set us up at Cape Fear National at a discounted rate (cheaper than the normal group/tourney rate) through my GM, if we actually find a few people who are willing to contribute.

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I can set us up at Cape Fear National at a discounted rate (cheaper than the normal group/tourney rate) through my GM, if we actually find a few people who are willing to contribute.

I'm all for it... we'd just have to get all these Charlotte boys to come down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com