• Please log in to reply
615 replies to this topic

#526 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Simple underlying ideas?

- You must be accountable for each and every bullet and gun you have, financially and legally. Someone dies from your weapon? You better have a good legal team and even better insurance cause you are on the hook.

- Owning certain types of weapons and body armor require extensive background checks and additional certifications with regular renewals.

- Standard liability insurance on all weapons. Again, financial responsibility.

- Universal laws and enforcement across all States. Hopefully States can work together, but in the absence of cooperation, there should be Federal standards.

- Zero tolerance for unregistered firearms. If you're found with an unregistered firearm it is confiscated and destroyed and you face fines and/or imprisonment

- Gun manufacturers must be given mandates for safety features for all gun sold within the US. The ultimate goal should be weapons that can only be used by the registered user(s) of the weapons sold.

#527 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

*Shakes fist in Air*

MORE REGULATIONS/LAWS WILL STOP THESE CRIMES!

#528 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

*Shakes fist in Air*

MORE REGULATIONS/LAWS WILL STOP THESE CRIMES!

Not all of them, but it will reduce them.

the only way to stop most of these crimes is to repeal the 2nd amendment and ban all guns.

That isn't going happen.

But acting like status quo is acceptable is troubling.

#529 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Simple underlying ideas?

- You must be accountable for each and every bullet and gun you have, financially and legally. Someone dies from your weapon? You better have a good legal team and even better insurance cause you are on the hook.

Under no circumstances.

- Owning certain types of weapons and body armor require extensive background checks and additional certifications with regular renewals.

What type of weapons? (this is very important)

- Standard liability insurance on all weapons. Again, financial responsibility.

Nope. The ability to own a gun in this country is a right. Much like voting, you want to make it to where you have to pass a short political test, and show ID to vote? If so I will go along with your suggestion.

- Universal laws and enforcement across all States. Hopefully States can work together, but in the absence of cooperation, there should be Federal standards.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. This is why there is a 10th amendment. But hell, let's trample on that one while were at it.

- Zero tolerance for unregistered firearms. If you're found with an unregistered firearm it is confiscated and destroyed and you face fines and/or imprisonment

This is the only suggestion that I would even remotely support that you have made.

- Gun manufacturers must be given mandates for safety features for all gun sold within the US. The ultimate goal should be weapons that can only be used by the registered user(s) of the weapons sold.

No, No, and No. Guns, especially hunting and self protection ones are made to be extremely reliable and easy to operate. Let's make them both more expensive and less reliable. Sounds great.

The only answer here, lies in the 10th and I am completely on board if states want to do what ever they may. But not federally.

#530 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Gun liability insurance will be expensive and will move guns away from the poor while being being ignored by drug related criminals. Rates will be low in say rural NC but prohibitively high in West Charlotte

#531 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,563 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

glad to see some of you making the connection with reducing drunk driving and mass murders. this is where it needs to derive from and i totally believe it can have a huge impact.

#532 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Side note: One of the best ways to reduce drunk driving? Increase public transport.

#533 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,563 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

better, yet, incentivize bars etc to use taxis. create a co op with local cab services. they can at least take a drunk person to their doorstep.

#534 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

The dirty little secret is that DUI's are too much of a revenue generator for lawyers and local governments for either to take real action.

In the same way mass shootings are a great revenue generator for gun companies and the NRA.

#535 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Basically what I am hearing from the gun advocates to this point is that anything actually meaningful is off the table, alcohol impairs people so we should be able to have guns (??), and that for the most part we should just stay staus quo because the lives of children in meaningless deaths is the just price we as a country has to pay so I can have my target practice and kill some deer. If we can't stop all the acts of violence we should just accept it as part of the USA and make no real efforts to stop these acts of violence.

And I wish people would stop raping the 2nd amendment. Its purposes wasn't so you could all have guns, start a rogue militia with a bunch of other crazy people, and have the right to go shoot up Washington DC because you think they are tyrannical.

It was about protecting the sovereignty of free and independent states, which for all practical purposes ended after the Civil War

#536 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Teeray. No one is raping the 2nd more than you.

You know what the last sentence is in that bill. It's stated very very plainly.

#537 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Teeray. No one is raping the 2nd more than you.

You know what the last sentence is in that bill. It's stated very very plainly.

Do you realize that without the 13th amendment it would still to this day be a constitutional right to own slaves.

There is a reason it had to be added to the constitution, there is also a reason slavery could not be legally abolished until the amendment was added to the constitution, because slavery was protected under the 1st amendment.

That is why the supreme court could not even overturn slavery, even when they had the chance to. It was constitutionally protected under freedom of religion.

In the Bible the book of Leviticus explicitly says that you have the right to take the poor from other countries as your servants and can bequeath them to your heirs.

That passage in the Bible allowed all slave states to claim that slavery was a religious exercise and thus protected under the 1st amendment.

That is why slavery could not be abolished with simple legislation. It had to be added to the constitution.

Same thing with the 2nd amendment. It has become a loophole. No longer necessary and no longer pertinent to it's original intent.

#538 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

The dirty little secret is that DUI's are too much of a revenue generator for lawyers and local governments for either to take real action.

In the same way mass shootings are a great revenue generator for gun companies and the NRA.

Most ridiculous post you have ever made.

The assertion that the government really does not want to stop drunk driving because they make money on DUI fines is fuging laughable.

#539 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Most ridiculous post you have ever made.

The assertion that the government really does not want to stop drunk driving because they make money on DUI fines is fuging laughable.

Next thing you know, I'll be spouting off that there are small towns that want people to speed.

#540 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Basically what I am hearing from the gun advocates to this point is that anything actually meaningful is off the table, alcohol impairs people so we should be able to have guns (??), and that for the most part we should just stay staus quo because the lives of children in meaningless deaths is the just price we as a country has to pay so I can have my target practice and kill some deer. If we can't stop all the acts of violence we should just accept it as part of the USA and make no real efforts to stop these acts of violence.

And I wish people would stop raping the 2nd amendment. Its purposes wasn't so you could all have guns, start a rogue militia with a bunch of other crazy people, and have the right to go shoot up Washington DC because you think they are tyrannical.

It was about protecting the sovereignty of free and independent states, which for all practical purposes ended after the Civil War

I feel like you are cherry-picking portions of rational arguments people have made against more anti-gun legislature, and taking those cherry-picked portions and trying to make ridiculous claims with them.

You took everything I wrote and turned it into alcohol impairs people so we should have guns. I feel like you are intentionally trivializing every rational point I try to make, which makes trying to have a meaningful, intelligent debate with you over something we have different point of views on, futile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com