• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

I don't agree with stirs that we're "changing the constitution because of one tragedy" but you have no way of knowing this... if mom hadn't had guns, he could have gotten them from somewhere else.

like where? The kid was scared to talk to his barber. He going ot hit the streets in search of guns?

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

You can't make a definitive statement on one hypothetical and then disagree with a definitive statement on another hypothetical.

You are saying he could do as much damage in the same amount of time with weapons that take longer to use and less accurate. I don't think that is possible.

#18 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I would gladly concede to bringing back the assault weapons ban of the '90s and make background checks at gun shows mandatory IF a lot more was done to get these sick minded people off the streets and into places that can really help them (or just contain them). And I dont mean just tossing more drugs down their throats.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

You are saying he could do as much damage in the same amount of time with weapons that take longer to use and less accurate. I don't think that is possible.

I was saying the same amount of damage or worse could be done with a lesser weapon.
It's entirely possible.

Take a .38 special revolver.
Go buy a flare gun.
Wait near a nearby gas station.
Shoot the driver of the gas truck.
Drive to/into school.
Open valve.
Shot truck with Flare Gun.

Worse tragedy.

Evil does Evil things with a AR-15 or whatever.

We don't know how much planning or time he had put into this.
I can't imagine he woke up last week and said....."I'm going to murder some innocents today"

#20 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I would gladly concede to bringing back the assault weapons ban of the '90s and make background checks at gun shows mandatory IF a lot more was done to get these sick minded people off the streets and into places that can really help them (or just contain them). And I dont mean just tossing more drugs down their throats.

You can't buy a pistol at a Gun Show W.O a permit.
You can't buy a AR w.o a permit.

#21 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,566 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

like where? The kid was scared to talk to his barber. He going ot hit the streets in search of guns?

Right. The kid that was scared to talk to his barber... that put 4 bullets in his mom's face.... that shot his way into an Elementary School and shot 6 adults in the face and 20 kids... yeah, that kid couldn't muster the courage to find a gun. No way.

My point is, you can't say with certainty what he would have/could have done.

#22 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,419 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Why are we all ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

Why are we all ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

Typical Delhommey Tinderbox Cut Down.

I shall retort.

Why are we all ignoring that anti-gun folks are all just giant pussies.

#24 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I was saying the same amount of damage or worse could be done with a lesser weapon.
It's entirely possible.

Go buy a flare gun.
Drive to/into school.
Open valve.

Worse tragedy.

I can't imagine he woke up last week and said....."I'm going to murder some innocents today"

Well then we might as well make rocket launchers legal. I said this after the theater shooting and I'll say it even louder now. AR-15s with 30 round clips shouldn't be legal. I haven't shot much but the little I have, I know I'd do a lot more damage with the AR-15 i shot then with the few handguns I've shot.

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,419 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

You can say whatever you want to about these mythical anti-gun people. I don't care. Personally I love guns. I grew up with them. Love shooting them. I'm pretty sure I could outshoot most if not all people in this thread.

Now, why are we ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

I'm starting to suspect there's a theme with the guys that go on this mass killings: emasculation.

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

You can say whatever you want to about these mythical anti-gun people. I don't care. Personally I love guns. I grew up with them. Love shooting them. I'm pretty sure I could outshoot most if not all people in this thread.

Now, why are we ignoring the fact that carrying a gun makes you grow a second dick?

I'm starting to suspect there's a theme with the guys that go on this mass killings: emasculation.

men solve problems with violence. and when men aren't strong enough for physical violence, they solve problems with guns.

This is what our culture teaches us.

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

It's entirely possible.

Go buy a flare gun.
Drive to/into school.
Open valve.

Worse tragedy.

this is ridiculous.

#28 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Well then we might as well make rocket launchers legal. I said this after the theater shooting and I'll say it even louder now. AR-15s with 30 round clips shouldn't be legal. I haven't shot much but the little I have, I know I'd do a lot more damage with the AR-15 i shot then with the few handguns I've shot.

Why do we have to go into the realm of absurdity like the bolded area every time ?

For the 1 millionth time on this subject.

An AR-15 (which is the faceman for semi-auto tactical style rifles) is a horrible choice to go into a crowded place and try and murder people.

You would actually do tons more damage (Colaterally and lethally) with common handguns and shotguns.

I have conceded increasing permitting processes for "scary guns". I don't know why everyone has to jump to "OMGZ ROCKET LAUNCHERS NUXX!!!!" every time we go down this road.

FFS I don't even WANT an AR-15.

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Here you go!

I totally agree. I share the same thoughts on tax/spending reform.

I am against all tax increases, but will gladly support them if there is massive cuts to spending.

I will support the ban on "assault type" weapons if at the same time we get serious about mental health in this country.

#30 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,862 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Double Post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.