• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

regardless of whether he sucks or not, our crappy coaching staff doesn't know how to make use of its players so it's not like he would have produced here anyway

#17 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm sorry, getting real tired of the "OMG! a player we used to have had a good play or went to a better team" crowd.

the only CB that was half way decent that we have ever let go was Bush and at the time all of our CB's were either just as good or better then him.

Only player that I can really think of that we could have really used more instead of cutting was Tony Brown and at the time again all our DT's were just as good or better then him

Crying over Butler just means you have no life sheesh.

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,633 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

regardless of whether he sucks or not, our crappy coaching staff doesn't know how to make use of its players so it's not like he would have produced here anyway

yeah because you know how Dwan Edwards didn't do anything all year....... oh wait..... When Ron Edwards went down we threw guys in there and they have been solid. ....... Lucky I guess....

Well when Gamble and Norman went out that secondary really sucked, a bunch of practice squad guys that were suddenly starting and getting eaten up........... Never mind the secondary got better......
we brought in guys that contributed and when they got their chance, really stepped up.

You can argue that Chud screwed up the running game and you would be right. Or go down the bunny trail that they misused Newton or got too cute with the read option and it could all be true, and it still wouldn't take away from the way the team is playing right now. Earlier in the year there was a lot to dislike but for whatever reason right now the defense is on fire. They are making up for an offense that has long lapses in scoring and keeps giving them more chances. Exactly the recipe we were promised which was an aggressive blitz and pressure defense designed to force the opposing offense into mistakes.
Our coaching staff isn't crappy, They are young and learning what to do. In retrospect they should have brought in a guy with head coaching experience to bounce things around with and get advice.

#19 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Was it a flatscreen?

yep but nothing special.

#20 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,777 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

I need to start a Jerome Felton thread looked what he has done for AP!!! He is AP's lead blocker and AP has 2k yards.

#21 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

So many know it alls on the huddle....if u dont want to read dont click on. nobody cares that your tired of douche comment after comment. just dont bother simple.

#22 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

So many know it alls on the huddle....if u dont want to read dont click on. nobody cares that your tired of douche comment after comment. just dont bother simple.

think about your comment just now

:-)

#23 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I just thought dude was better than munn from a play on the field standpoint.

#24 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

think about your comment just now

:-)

yes i was talking about u. :-)

#25 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,569 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Munny has really stepped up this season, he is one of the better nickel's in the league and can play the two if needed. I know we trash him a lot but I wish some of the other guys hat the fire that Munny, Hardy, and Smitty have.

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,226 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

It's the system. We're a team known for cutting guys who go on and have a decent career (Atiyyah Ellison and Jovan Haye).

I don't why we cut Butler over Hogan if they were going to cut Hogan anyway?

#27 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,569 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Frickin Jovan Haye....

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,669 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's the system. We're a team known for cutting guys who go on and have a decent career

that's actually not true

#29 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

that's actually not true

Yeah, maybe in a fe crazy fanboy's minds but reality is there we've never cut someone where we've gone back and go "dang I wish we had not of done that"

Moose was the closest to that happening, we could not afford the cap hit and Chicago threw stupid money at him.

#30 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,569 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

There are a few players that the Panthers let go that did succeed on other teams though.

Ex: Evan Mathis, Michael Barrow, Deon Grant, Will Weatherspoon, Jovan Haye, Andre Brown, Shayne Graham, Ricky Manning Jr, Chris Harris, Geoff Schwartz, Travares Tillman etc...

I think Travelle Wharton will eventually get his name up there but overall, the Panthers have been pretty good talent evaluators.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com