Car123

Newton's Law

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

By Adam Schein

http://www.nfl.com/n...=Twitter_Schein

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to our great readers.

It's also important to remember the NFL fans going through a classic case of "Bah, humbug!" at this time of year.

In the latest edition of The Schein Nine, I've collected the NFL's biggest "Scrooges" (if you will). Note: We rightly beat up the Detroit Lions last Thursday (pretty good timing, considering how they were flattened by the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday), so I will leave them out of this list.

1) Cam Newton

The sad thing is, before the clueless, irresponsible, and disgraceful player-kicking and ref-intimidating incidents on Sunday, Newton was playing his best ball of the season. But this is the problem with Cam Newton: He cannot get out of his own way. It's the body language. It's the zany press conferences. It's the maniacal touchdown celebrations when the Carolina Panthers are losing big during this awful season of underachievement.

For the record, I think Newton can be saved. I think Ron Rivera should be replaced; the right structure-oriented coach with the right offensive system can help Newton. But Newton has to become a better leader this offseason, handling the "fifth quarter" of being an NFL quarterback with true aplomb. Study Tony Romo's growth with the Dallas Cowboys in these areas. It's possible.

It can't get worse. His 2012 season has been a public regression and a black eye. Newton needs to understand the difference between perception and reality.

#2 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,900 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

ugh

#3 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

ignorance illustrated. newton behaved badly during last sunday's game, but all the other stuff is bleating talking points requiring no thought or research whatsoever. criticism of cam would be received so much better by many panthers fans if it came within a thoughtful analysis, and not desperate attempts to further storylines that are not related to reality.

#4 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

perception isn't controlled by Cam, it's controlled by the media.

The only way out of it is to win super bowlz.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,602 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

i swear i don't know why people keep on posting comments from him, peter king, and skip bayless.

all morons trying to get you guys riled up.

#6 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I didn't know Scrooge loved to donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to kids and school.

This is exactly the type of drool that makes me hate the NFL.com articles. If I were Cam I'd be pissed that the league itself tears my image down while profiting from my play.

#7 Salvo

Salvo

BEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 794 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

The Raiders make any team stoop to their ugly playing level. Cam had a tough time, sure, but he was facing a team that was going after him. He'll learn from his mistakes.

Absolutely no mention of his remorse and apologies afterwards for his actions towards the ref. Ignorant article written by an ignorant writer.

#8 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

This is ridiculous, stupid and inacurate.

#9 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

It's like he understands the pointlessness of his own article with that last sentence.

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

This is the normal Schein "look at me" piece that shouldn't warrant the click of a mouse.

#11 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I was all like :startle: then i was like :sick: but then i was all :thumbsd: until i was like :cigar: then i was like :kfu: and then :phone: read it again :phew: was all :sword: then :rock: im all :cool: now im :sleep:

#12 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

See, this is the EXACT thing I called into Schein's craptastic show over, and they hung up on me before allowing me to say anything in Cam's defense. F*CK YOU, ADAM SCHEIN!

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Study Tony Romo?

Sounds legit.

#14 Green Eggs and Cam

Green Eggs and Cam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationGA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Fug Adam Schein and his pathetic excuse of journalism. That idiot apparently doesn't know what a scrooge is. A scrooge goes around bitching all the time about everything and taking themself too seriously. So basically, sportswriters.

#15 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

lol. dude doesn't even have any legitimate grievances. oh dear- zany press conferences. lazy article, weak even by cam-hater standards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com