#106 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Interesting in Arizona...

The hiring of Andy Reid could change the dynamics of the GM choice. Although it's expected that Steve Keim will get the job, Andy Reid may want to work with Tom Heckert again.

If he gets what he wants, then Keim could be in play for other teams again (Chargers have already asked permission but may prefer in-house option Jimmy Raye).

I don't think Reid is a given to get the job this week, it might last into next week. I don't see any reason what so ever that if Reid was the complete favorite that they would set up an interview in Denver for this weekend and plan to fly out the front office. It might be next Monday for the Arizona job. Still think Reid ends up with it though.

#107 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Just to go with what I posted above, Caplan confirms that the Cards aren't that far along in the hiring process.

So McCoy should get his interview this weekend and a decision would probably be made next week at the earliest with the Cards job in mind.

#108 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,126 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I hope Reid goes to a team I like. Despite being a total weirdo of a person, he is a good coach.

Reid with the Bears would be a trip.

#109 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

doing research on david caldwell wish he gets an interview as well.from the falcon tree,and started as a scouting assistant with the panthers.

#110 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

LaCanfora states he's hearing "a strong buzz" regarding Dave Gettleman and the Panthers.

Also says the team was high on Steve Keim, but I've got a feeling that ship has sailed.

Keim might still be in play. Reid possibly going to AZ means potentially asking for Heckert as part of it.
Now, I don't know that Keim is so incredible that he has to be had.

#111 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Keim might still be in play. Reid possibly going to AZ means potentially asking for Heckert as part of it.
Now, I don't know that Keim is so incredible that he has to be had.

The Panthers really have to move quick in this situation especially if they hire somebody like Marc Ross. Ross has experience with Tom Heckert from his days with the Eagles, and if Ross gets any GM job which right now i'm assuming the Panthers he may want to bring Heckert in as Pro Personnel Director.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we should know very soon who the next GM will be for the Panthers.

#112 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

It was said before that JR was not a "huge" fan of the RR pick in the first place. It makes me wonder if the GM pick does not come down to "Who is on your radar for the next Panthers HC?" It also could be that JR had a name he liked last time that never got chosen.

Does anyone remember any of those names floating around from 2 years ago that might have ties to the GM names we are looking at this year?

#113 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

It was said before that JR was not a "huge" fan of the RR pick in the first place. It makes me wonder if the GM pick does not come down to "Who is on your radar for the next Panthers HC?" It also could be that JR had a name he liked last time that never got chosen.

Does anyone remember any of those names floating around from 2 years ago that might have ties to the GM names we are looking at this year?

None of those guys are really around. If it's Marc Ross a couple guys you might expect to gain some interest is Mike Sullivan Tampa Bay OC, Mike Zimmer Bengals DC, Bill O'Brien HC Penn State and maybe Greg Roman 49ers OC.

I know a lot of teams are making moves but there are some good guys out there that can be really good HC.

#114 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

For some reason (even though I do not think he would be a good fit) I remember hearing Perry Fewell's name from the NY Giants. Not sure if that was a Hurney thing or JR?

#115 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

The Panthers really have to move quick in this situation especially if they hire somebody like Marc Ross. Ross has experience with Tom Heckert from his days with the Eagles, and if Ross gets any GM job which right now i'm assuming the Panthers he may want to bring Heckert in as Pro Personnel Director.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that we should know very soon who the next GM will be for the Panthers.

definitely interesting, though Heckert's camp suggests he has 2 interviews going (and may or may not be in play for AZ).

#116 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Heckart isn't in play in Arizona, he's in play for some other GM spots but not in Arizona. That's coming from inside the Cardinals camp.

#117 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,403 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Reid/Heckert might emerge in KC. Doesn't sound like a possibility in Arizona though.

#118 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,403 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

So if Joe Person is right, the Panthers will be checking out Lake Dawson as well.

I'll likely replace one of the existing placeholders with a profile of him, but probably not tonight.

#119 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,403 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

A quick cursory look turns up only one direct Panthers connection, receiver coach Fred Graves.

He played for the Colts in 99, which would have put him under Polian.

#120 AvatarBlock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

A quick cursory look turns up only one direct Panthers connection, receiver coach Fred Graves.

He played for the Colts in 99, which would have put him under Polian.

From what I could find there might be another slightly less direct connection.

Looks like he went to the same high school in Washington as Bobcats GM Rich Cho (albeit 6 years apart) and both guys worked at pro franchises in Seattle during the early 2000s. Cho was with with the SuperSonics from the late 90s-2007. Dawson was with the Seahawks from 2001-2006.

Pure speculation, but odds are they know each other.

Edit: They didn't go to the same high school. Looks like they were a few miles away but in the same public school system.

http://www.federalwa.../138605489.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com