Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So another 10-6 team gets shafted from the playoffs.. Expand playoff teams now!

48 posts in this topic

Posted

please stop making threads panthertrain

Posted

Just because you have a winning record doesn't mean you automatically deserve to be in the playoffs. You come into the season knowing how important the divisional rivalries are and that every game means something its on you to execute better than the next team.

Posted

Bowl games for every .500 and up team that misses the playoffs

Posted

we should just disallow the regular season and move straight to the playoffs.......everybody has a chance!!!!!!!!!!!

the way it is now is fine. Division winners and best records...

Posted

fk the Bears because Peppers pimped us to go there..

1 person likes this

Posted

Bowl games for every .500 and up team that misses the playoffs

just like the college kids do it!!!!!

the playoff system is fine the way it is now. even if they increase the number of teams in the playoffs, eventually there will be a team that "should have" made it.

Posted

How do the Giants, a team that is 1 game away from being 8-8 deserving of the playoffs? How are the Bears, a team that was like 8-2 before going 2-4 at the end of the season, deserving of the playoffs?

Pretty sure they should've won their division.

Posted

The way it now stands,if your record is not deserving then you don't make the playoffs.

The 2010 Seahawks, 2008 Cardinals and Chargers and 2004 Rams (examples just from this millennium) are proof to the contrary.

Posted

If they expanded the playoffs right now, the 8-8 Steelers would be in the playoffs. No thanks.

If the Bears wanted to be in the playoffs, they should have won the tiebreaker. They weren't helpless.

Posted

First off - as others have said - 14 is damn near half.

Second - I find it humourous when people make demands on forums as if their mad rants mean anything.

Finally - Panthertrain has got to be the biggest troll on this site. I read his threads only to see if someone is going to blast him in place. I skip his comments because they just make my head hurt.

1 person likes this

Posted

The OP needs to have "Empty" tattooed on his forehead in real life to warn people that they are dealing with somebody who doesn't have a brain. He also needs to be banned for disturbing the peace.

Posted

Back in 1990, the NFL had 28 Franchises.

Playoffs were 12 teams. Almost half the league.

I think people want to hate Goodell for the hell of it. I betcha if the Panthers went 11-5 or 10-6 and missed the playoffs, most people will go crazy.

It's easy to judge people when we haven't been in their situation (Bears this year and the Patriots a few years ago). Until we been in their shoes we have no room to talk.

Expand the playoffs.

I'll just leave this here.