PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,693 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

i think he's right

i would be interested in hearing opinions defending the pay raise though.

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think he is absolutely right.

The big deal in the senate ended up with 620B in tax increases and 15B in cuts. Typical DC. Can't cut anything because that money goes to buy votes

This is exactly the kind of "balanced approach" the president likes.

The fact that he wanted to sneak through a pay raise for the whole lot of screw ups in DC is also typical. Our country is screwed with the cartoon characters we have in DC

#4 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

oh boy he blocked a .5% pay raise

a useless rah rah move by a blue dog democrat from a state that's red as a baboon's ass. i'm glad someone can finally fill the zell miller sized hole in republicans' hearts.

#5 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

also he was a SOPA co-sponsor. great guy!

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

This is also typical. No defense at all of the pay increase, just the normal attack of the first guy against it. You are a wonderful liberal.

#7 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,384 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

"Can't cut anything because that money goes to buy votes
This is exactly the kind of "balanced approach" the president likes.
The fact that he wanted to sneak through a pay raise for the whole lot of screw ups in DC is also typical. Our country is screwed with the cartoon characters we have in DC."

No argument against the pay raise, just the normal attack of the guy who went along with it. You are a wonderful conservative.

A Republican tax plan due to expire with a House full of Republicans unable to come up with a new plan. All the Republicans had to do was bring something to the table. Of course they have no legs to stand on because the Bush tax cuts were their plan to begin with, they knew it was headed to an expiration and did nothing. Instead, the right continues to trot out the same message, the same fiscal plan and the same attacks on the middle class that cost them the election... as though they won the damn election.

What pisses me off more than anything is I used to be a Republican until the late 70's when it became clear they contiunued to push the great divide between those of us who work for a living and those who owned the people who worked. I keep waiting for the light to go off in some Republican leader's head, but as soon as I see guys like Boehner, Mitchell and Ryan, I realize there is no light.

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Wrong, Pubs have sent countless pcs of legislation to the Sentate, just to die on Reids desk. Reid is kinda worthless.

Not defending Pubs either, that crap that came out last night? Who needs them either. See below, spending more now than before.

Here is DC in prime form;
http://www.washingto...pends-330-bill/

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Why would Obama even waste the effort required to order a 1/2 of 1 percent pay raise? I am not sure its even worth the paper the executive order is printed on (assuming they still print the stuff).

As far as defending a pay raise, I believe congressional payraises should be tied to whatever the rest of government employees get.

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

going over the cliff would be better than voting for the crap the Senate passed last night

#11 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 5,384 posts
  • LocationAlmost where I want to be...

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

"Wrong, Pubs have sent countless pcs of legislation to the Sentate, just to die on Reids desk. Reid is kinda worthless."
Oh, you mean like the Republicans did for 4 years to everything that came from the Dems?

#12 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

came into this thread expecting fred phelps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.