Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voth: Rivera is Staying

234 posts in this topic

Posted

http://blogs.charlotte.com/tom_talks/2013/01/retaining-rivera-good-move-by-the-wrong-man.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

How does one know that the actual candidates haven't already been asked about Rivera? I love so many people want to speculate what happened. Why waste so much energy on things we have no clue about?

Posted

Jimmy Johnson

http://www.pro-footb...hes/JohnJi0.htm

Bill Walsh

E1MvX.jpg

Tom Landry

IFuh0.jpg

Care to weigh that against the coaches that didn't?

Posted

But when has experience EVER made a HC successful? Look at Romeo Crennel, Mangini, Nolan, Singletary, etc. HC unlike players don't get better with experience. The good ones win out the gate, or maximum after their first season.

i've known lots of experienced failures.

i think it can take more time with some, but i haven't seen that in rivera. i see only a guy who can win when desperate to keep his job and who's players will only step it up when that job is in jeopardy.

not sure how much i like that.

but to your point, experience does not always equal growth. prisons are full of people with tons of experience.

Posted

LOL at all of you shocked by this news. It's almost been a week and you expected us to just can him now and go out looking so late LOLLOLOL.

But for real, good for Rivera. Unlike last year, we didn't end on a 4 game win streak and now we dont have hurney!

Posted

Can anyone name any new HCs that were not successful their first 2 seasons and turned it around?

Bill Walsh. First two seasons with 49's were 2-14 and 6-10. Third year Superbowl.

Posted

Care to weigh that against the coaches that didn't?

Most coaches aren't good their first couple years of coaching

Posted

i will die laughing if we hire beane as gm.

i wouldnt even be mad

Posted

i see no evidence supporting that.

its a maybe man. just speculating just like everyone else

Posted

You can't convince the haters. I wonder sometimes why they are even fans of the Panthers.

Posted

Want me to run a comparison of how many turned it around after being horrible for 2 years versus how many just weren't good coaches?

Hint: One is much greater than the other

Posted

Rivera was good when he got a fire lit under his ass. It will still be lit game 1 of next year. Happy Rivera got the Job.

Maybe if we hire beane he will be Rivera's Puppet. Rivera pretty much makes personel decisions, and if he fails, he along with beane will be out.

Just like Fox and Hurney. Oh wait.

Richardson's just buying additional scapegoats so people won't see his failure.

Posted

Yep. We likely eliminated any top tier candidates once we made it known that the owner will be making decisions on his staff.

Almost every team with a GM vacancy has handled the HC separately. KC hired a coach, Cleveland is hiring Kelly, Jax has a coach, Jets have a coach. I've said it several times, if a "top tier" GM demands to pick their own staff, their choices are Cardinals or Chargers. That's it. We haven't eliminated anyone unless they'd rather take over one of those poo-shows.