Photo
- - - - -

Can't Believe I'm Asking This, But I Just Want To See...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

jake would still be starting if it was up to fox. cam wouldn't be a panther.

#32 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

No gomo

#33 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

that's poo, Foxy had to great draft picks in back to back years that solidified his defense. I think cam would be starting if fox was here because of what he did with The Golden Calf of Bristol. You guys can never answer a simple question, the op ask would we be in the playoffs and not if a new qb would be here.

lol, cam starting for fox..lol

#34 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

The Golden Calf of Bristol was forced on fox. they sent orton away because there was no way that he was going to start The Golden Calf of Bristol or any other non-experienced QB ahead of a vet.

they released jake because they knew the same thing....there was no way fox was going to move forward with a new QB if jake was around. if cam were even drafted with fox here, he wouldn't have started him unless forced. DA would have been the starter.

#35 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Fox took the Panthers to a Super Bowl and has now lead Denver to the playoffs in his first two seasons, one of which was QB'd by The Golden Calf of Bristol. You idiots need to get over it. Fox is a good coach. Period.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Fox took the Panthers to a Super Bowl and has now lead Denver to the playoffs in his first two seasons, one of which was QB'd by The Golden Calf of Bristol. You idiots need to get over it. Fox is a good coach. Period.

you make it sound like he was incredibly successful here and didn't have just 3 winning seasons out of 9 and he didn't peak after his 2nd year.

you make it sound like he didn't get into the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record playing in the weakest division in the NFL and he didn't get a bye in the playoffs this year with a HoF quarterback chucking the ball around.

he fell into a great situation in denver. easy conference, easy division, and in year two peyton manning. yeah, the man's a stud HC.

#37 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

you make it sound like he was incredibly successful here and didn't have just 3 winning seasons out of 9 and he didn't peak after his 2nd year.

you make it sound like he didn't get into the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record playing in the weakest division in the NFL and he didn't get a bye in the playoffs with a HoF quarterback chucking the ball around.

he fell into a great situation in denver. easy conference, easy division, and in year two peyton manning. yeah, the man's a stud HC.

oh yeah well he took The Golden Calf of Bristol to the playoffs hurrrrr

#38 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Did he say he wouldn't have taken cam in an interview somewhere? How do we know that?

fox went on record on NFL network that he thought the panthers were going to select dareus before the draft. it's the way the guy thinks.

#39 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I always said Fox could take a 2-14 2012 Cheifs and make them around .500. He could also take the 2012 Green Bay Packers and make them play around .500

Sundays were mostly uninspired..and John Kasy winning a 13-10 game that looked like and incomplete festival was not great coaching. It was hiding less talent and eeking out a win. It could never get past that point with Fox here.

his teams consistently played down to the level of their opponents

for example, this was probably the second best panther team we fielded in the fox era:

http://www.nfl.com/v...ers-21-Lions-20

http://www.nfl.com/v...24-Cardinals-20

as for what he's doing in denver, only an idiot would argue that fox doesn't know defense or that he doesn't know how to make a team play hard for him. you have to keep his hands off the offense and give him limited control over personnel or you'll wind up with a jake situation.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I always said Fox could take a 2-14 2012 Cheifs and make them around .500. He could also take the 2012 Green Bay Packers and make them play around .500

Sundays were mostly uninspired..and John Kasy winning a 13-10 game that looked like and incomplete festival was not great coaching. It was hiding less talent and eeking out a win. It could never get past that point with Fox here.

that's a great way of phrasing it and completely accurate.

where would the broncos had been if peyton didn't go there? everyone stand up and say with confidence that they would have one of the best records in the league without him.

come on....i'm waiting.

#41 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,642 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

you make it sound like he didn't get into the playoffs last year with an 8-8 record playing in the weakest division in the NFL and he didn't get a bye in the playoffs this year with a HoF quarterback chucking the ball around.

while they had pieces in place, their defense was a joke. He turned it around even before he got del Rio back to lead the defense. The offense was good enough with The Golden Calf of Bristol as QB to get them into the playoffs. Weak conference or not, getting into the playoffs is important.

Then he got the vet QB he's always desired.

He didn't fall into anything.

#42 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

defeating 8 average or worse teams on your schedule and backpedaling into a playoff berth because every other team in your division is as inept as yours isn't exactly a bangup job

#43 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

defeating 8 average or worse teams on your schedule and backpedaling into a playoff berth because every other team in your division is as inept as yours isn't exactly a bangup job

yep. stumbled into a good situation then stumbled into the playoffs then stumbled into peyton manning.

#44 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

while they had pieces in place, their defense was a joke. He turned it around even before he got del Rio back to lead the defense. The offense was good enough with The Golden Calf of Bristol as QB to get them into the playoffs. Weak conference or not, getting into the playoffs is important.

Then he got the vet QB he's always desired.

He didn't fall into anything.

a "vet QB" to fox is a guy like kyle orton or jake delhomme, not an expensive top shelf free agent like peyton manning. that was elway's doing all the way. also you're arguing as if the The Golden Calf of Bristol thing happened in a vacuum and how awful the AFC west is/was doesn't matter which is disingenuous. he had plenty of 8-8 and 7-9 panther teams but that isn't good for poo in the NFC south.

the only time we ever chased a blue chip free agent QB was in 2007 when we brought in david carr (yes there was a time when carr was considered a desirable free agent) yet there was never any doubt whatsoever that jake would still start.

also i don't think anybody in their right mind is arguing that john fox doesn't know how to coach a defense.

#45 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

Fox dumped his veteran Peete to play Jake. Aside from Davis, every first rounder he had started their rookie year. He brought the wildcat back to the NFL.

If he was coaching this team, as is, with these coordinators, he would probably have gone 10-6 or better. There were a few games earlier this year that he wouldn't have let get away--just like Rivera has a knack for losing the close ones, Fox has a knack for winning them.

Hate on him all you want, he was and is a good coach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com