Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the Colts did that I hope the Panthers mirror.

42 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll ignore the fact that other than Elam you're completely ignoring the top of the class (but walterfootball said!) and get straight to the point.

It's this same, stupid argument a few posters hold that gets shot to oblivion every year.

"like zomg! How can you say this class is good!?! There's not even a <insert once in a lifetime blue chip talent> at <whatever position poster thinks we should get>!!! this class is horrible!!"

Never mind the fact that late first early second round talents at safety will likely be available when were picking again in the 4th, this class is is TeH sukz! I mean do you see a Sean Taylor in this class! I sure don't!!"

Please do tell who you think is the top of the class so that I can laugh at you.

Posted

He's an incredibly raw prospect that has played one year of real football without much production. He drips potential but he is incredibly unrefined and I really really doubt he's a viable selection for us in the first

Oh and please don't even begin to compare him to Cam. Cam was much more refined as a player coming out in comparison to Patterson at their respective position, and put up massive production en route to single handedly leading his crappy team to an undefeated season.

I know you didn't say anything about Cam, but I could see some loon doing it.

Raw yes but he also produced at a pretty large level in the SEC.over 1000 yards in all purpose yards and 10 TDs as a raw prospect is impressive. and being 6'3 200 pounds, running a 4.4 or sub 4.4 will make him shoot up the board.

Posted

******Inspiration*******

Posted

a weak conference, a weak division, a weak schedule, and coach on death's door to inspire?

i'd rather us just know how to finish games early and often rather than just in december. that's all we need. knowing how to not give the game away to the other team.

Posted

There's Reid, Elam, Vaccaro, Thomas, Jefferson, McDonald, Lester, Rambo, Williams and Swearinger that are projected to go in the first four rounds. Looks like a preety deep class to me.

Posted

a weak conference, a weak division, a weak schedule, and coach on death's door to inspire?

i'd rather us just know how to finish games early and often rather than just in december. that's all we need. knowing how to not give the game away to the other team.

No doubt they had a weak schedule in a weak division but the point is the "logic" of building a team for the future has been done correctly after 1 draft with the Colts.

We gave Newton Joe Adams....Pilares(who looked good in his appearances)...n thats about it.

Posted

No doubt they had a weak schedule in a weak division but the point is the "logic" of building a team for the future has been done correctly after 1 draft with the Colts.

We gave Newton Joe Adams....Pilares(who looked good in his appearances)...n thats about it.

What logic is this exactly? Start bad, draft good players, get better? We try to draft good players (I assume we try anyway), we just aren't good at it.

Posted

Wait, didn't the NFC South only send one team to the playoffs?

Aren't we a weak division?

Posted

Nobody in the NFC South was worse than 7-9. We basically beat the snot out of each other.

Posted

Just skimming the Colts schedule. It looks like they beat 3 playoff teams in the regular season. We beat 2. Not exactly world beaters. Lots of close wins over teams that had bad seasons.

Posted

Just getting back to the spirit on this thread. I think Cam would really benefit from a 6'4"+ Long armed, sure handed wide receiver. Cam can get the ball close but his accuracy isn't pin point. He needs a guy that can bail him out consistently. Someone who can make the grab in the endzone. Those guys cost way too much in free agency.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whatever you feelings About Luck and the Colts, the simple fact is that the team went from 2 wins to 11 in one season.

If the Panthers want to repeat the Colts run, it is quite simple. You just need to play Jacksonville twice, Tennessee twice, Buffalo, Miami, and Kansas City. If the Panthers had the cream puff schedule the Colts had, it would be hard not to win 11 games.