Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

WR coach Fred Graves and LB coach Warren Belin are fired

90 posts in this topic

Are GMs even getting involved in position coaches hirings and firings, unless it's OC or DC? I don't think so

I can see the WRs coach - outside of a little progression from LaFell, did that spot really get better this year? Not much, imo

I can see the RBs coach - if the line was doing its job. With the lack of producton from Double Trouble, plus Tolbert (Little Meanie) overall this season, there has to be blame somewhere. This is a Chicken - Egg thing imo though, and honestly, I'd say it was the line's fault moreso than the RBs. Honestly surprised Brown wasn't fired, if not Matsko here.

Can't really see the LBs coach - umm.. why? He had Keek running with a high motor all season long, and outside of his understandable rookie mistakes, had one of the strongest units on the team. This one makes no sense at all, so I'm hoping you guys are right and we have someone even better coming in. Because if this is a scapegoat firing, that will not sit well with both the team and other coaches in the locker room.

Umm, the LB coach? We better be hiring some fuging baller to be our LB coach.

Ray Lewis. BOOM

I can see the WRs coach - outside of a little progression from LaFell, did that spot really get better this year? Not much, imo

I can see the RBs coach - if the line was doing its job. With the lack of producton from Double Trouble, plus Tolbert (Little Meanie) overall this season, there has to be blame somewhere. This is a Chicken - Egg thing imo though, and honestly, I'd say it was the line's fault moreso than the RBs. Honestly surprised Brown wasn't fired, if not Matsko here.

Can't really see the LBs coach - umm.. why? He had Keek running with a high motor all season long, and outside of his understandable rookie mistakes, had one of the strongest units on the team. This one makes no sense at all, so I'm hoping you guys are right and we have someone even better coming in. Because if this is a scapegoat firing, that will not sit well with both the team and other coaches in the locker room.

Let Dave Wannstedt as LB coach rumors begin

All of these firings are so the new GM can hire his own and assemble the staff... that way next year, if Rivera does poorly, less staff has to be hired and fired

Ray Lewis. BOOM

That would be amazing.

Singletary lol

Not unless the Vikes let him out of his contract.

He's got a "special assistant" or some such title there that he probably wouldn't get here.

So in addition to questioning Rivera's coaching acumen, I suppose we might want to question how good a job he did selecting staff members.

What do we have so far? Let's see...special teams coordinator, original DB's coach, RB's coach, LB's coach, and WR's coach. That's a bunch of misses.

well, the original DBs coach (meeks) wasn't his guy. his guy was wilks, and he did a pretty good job, tbh.

Let Dave Wannstedt as LB coach rumors begin

Oh gawd no... do not want a former HC as our LB coach, especially with Ron still being mostly a rookie. Too much distraction could take place.

well, the original DBs coach (meeks) wasn't his guy. his guy was wilks, and he did a pretty good job, tbh.

Got to hand it to Rivera, his previous two firing both proved to be at least marginal upgrades.