#106 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yas NFC south update, "I will be back shortly with analysis on this move" (as soon as I am done reading the huddle)

I ran it through Google Translate. It came back with this:

I'll be back just as soon as I can figure out a way to explain how I was actually right about Brandon Beane being a serious candidate even though it looks like he wasn't even interviewed.

#107 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,389 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Can't say I'm displeased with the hire. :)

#108 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,353 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

FNZ guys say they're hearing (unknown from where) that Brandon Beane won't even be employed by the Panthers much longer.

Makes me wonder if perhaps Beane was the guy telling people that he was a candidate.

He was never guaranteed a job under the new GM, JR told him that when he got the bump up to Interim GM. Like I said in the other thread about Hurney. He ran a thin and lean front office, because he did some much work on the personal side of things and on the other side was Beane. They did the work that teams usually hire 12-15 people to do. That's just the way Hurney wanted it structured, expect lots of news once the press conference is over on new staff hires in the front office on both personnel and operations.

#109 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

He was never guaranteed a job under the new GM, JR told him that when he got the bump up to Interim GM. Like I said in the other thread about Hurney. He ran a thin and lean front office, because he did some much work on the personal side of things and on the other side was Beane. They did the work that teams usually hire 12-15 people to do. That's just the way Hurney wanted it structured, expect lots of news once the press conference is over on new staff hires in the front office on both personnel and operations.

That's news I'll welcome.

#110 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Glad we got the most qualified guy.

I wonder his long it'll be before the fans turn on him.

I predict the first week of free agency.

#111 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,374 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Some good news and a reason to be optimistic is just what we needed right now. Things are going to be okay. This is what I am repeating to myself.

#112 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,540 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

um people usually retire around 65. you seem him doing this into his 70s?

and no arrogant little sh*t

Easily, if he wants too. This isn't like your typical corporate job. Plenty of FO people, and coaches, work well into their 70's in the NFL.

#113 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

I remember thinking as he was being interviewed "never underestimate the power of 'old man' bonding" :lol:

#114 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,016 posts

I predict pantherclaw turns on him the moment he starts cutting dead fat from the previous coaching regime and starts building a modern NFL roster devoid of over paid runningbacks

#115 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Giants beat writer (Mike Garofolo) set to be on WFNZ at 6:05.

#116 bbell21

bbell21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

From this point forth the Carolina Panthers will be known as THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GETTLEMEN! LOL First time I have been able so say this in a long long time, but great job Big CAT!!!

#117 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Bad hire, but then this is the Panthers.

He'll be collecting his pension in three years. Hardly the man to steer the ship in the long term. Gonna be going through this process all over again soon.

#118 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,469 posts
  • LocationGalveston

I predict pantherclaw turns on him the moment he starts cutting dead fat from the previous coaching regime and starts building a modern NFL roster devoid of over paid runningbacks

young decisions are made by every GM.

I don't let it affect me as it does others.

#119 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

From this point forth the Carolina Panthers will be known as THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GETTLEMEN! LOL First time I have been able so say this in a long long time, but great job Big CAT!!!

:lol:

Another likely consequence is that autocorrect will cause numerous people's posts to name our new GM "Dave Gentleman".

#120 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bad hire, but then this is the Panthers.

He'll be collecting his pension in three years. Hardly the man to steer the ship in the long term. Gonna be going through this process all over again soon.

He is a year older than Bill Belichick, where are the calls for Belichick to start collecting his pension?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.