Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A quick Look back at Chud

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Finishing 7th and 12th overall in offence doesn't mean much when we missed the playoffs both years.

It means the problem wasn't Chud!

Damn this place is dense.

Posted

what week did JStew get injured?

Posted

http://www.charlotte...chudzinski.html

I think to much of the huddle has taken chud for granted. He spoiled us with putting up over 24 points a game and a load of exsplosive plays. I for one and very upset with this news. Chud was the best coach in carolina for the last 2 years and maybe the best offensive mind we've evere had.

I know some would disagree, but I think Henning was better. Took less, and did more.

Posted

Just because he can put together a few risky explosive plays does not make him some mastermind that turned this offense around. Let's not forget the screen passes he calls at our own endzone and the read-option plays when we are trying to hold a lead late in the 4th. Let's also not forget how the unanimous best pair of RBs in the NFL quickly turned into an afterthought when playing against Carolina.

....fact.

Posted

I know some would disagree, but I think Henning was better. Took less, and did more.

Took less? Henning required stud RBs and 3 legit WRs and still couldn't score more than 21 points unless it was against the Patriots in the super bowl. Watching Henning ball was torture.

Please don't say that again.

Posted

Took less? Henning required stud RBs and 3 legit WRs and still couldn't score more than 21 points unless it was against the Patriots in the super bowl. Watching Henning ball was torture.

Please don't say that again.

Are you trying to tell me that we don't have the best trio of RBs in the league? And we do have this QB named Cam Newton. Let's not forget Greg Olsen, LaFell and Murphy (for what their worth). I can easily argue that this team is more talented on offense (even though we are sans Muhammad). We just have to put these fine tools into the right hands.

Was it so-called "Henning ball" or Foxball that was the real thorn in our side?

Posted

Are you trying to tell me that we don't have the best trio of RBs in the league? And we do have this QB named Cam Newton. Let's not forget Greg Olsen, LaFell and Murphy (for what their worth). I can easily argue that this team is more talented on offense (even though we are sans Muhammad). We just have to put these fine tools into the right hands.

Was it so-called "Henning ball" or Foxball that was the real thorn in our side?

Henning's offense required more components and scored MUCH less....so....NO it was not as effective as Chuds.

Posted

henning got sucked in to the john fox turbine. you can't look at henning in a vacuum because fox had veto power over every play called on offense.

Posted

henning got sucked in to the john fox turbine. you can't look at henning in a vacuum because fox had veto power over every play called on offense.

Look at Miami the years after. Ran the same offense with less talent. They sucked.

Posted

Henning's offense required more components and scored MUCH less....so....NO it was not as effective as Chuds.

You're entitled to your opinion. Chud was arguably the biggest root of our problem this past season. He misused his tools. Let him take his cute ugliness to Cleveland. He will fit right in. We'll see what an offensive savant he is there, plus we'll see if it was more of a case that he was actually hindering Cam and our offense here.

Posted

It means the problem wasn't Chud!

Damn this place is dense.

So implementing what was basically a college offence this past season wasn't a big part of why we missed the play-offs?

Chud was a big reason why we finished with a losing record this season.

Posted

Look at Miami the years after. Ran the same offense with less talent. They sucked.

i'm not about to stand up for the guy by any means.

i also don't buy the notion that he did "more with less" because i'd kill for a smith-in his prime moose-proehl WR corps right now myself.

1 person likes this