Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ernie Accorsi thoughts on Gettleman

38 posts in this topic

Posted

What a joke. Well this is the guy who insisted it would be Beane for the job. I sense some bitterness.

I'm convinced that JR/Morrison punked these writers with the Beane leak. And it's not the first time someone in the org has dropped hints, watched writers run with it, and then done something completely different. So guys like Yas probably don't have warm and fuzzy feelings toward the Panther brass.

Posted

Oops. I meant starting a separate thread for the comments by Yasinskas (wasn't doing it myself since I was headed to the shower and now am heading out for a few).

lol well there was 5 minutes of my life wasted.

Posted

I'm convinced that JR/Morrison punked these writers with the Beane leak. And it's not the first time someone in the org has dropped hints, watched writers run with it, and then done something completely different. So guys like Yas probably don't have warm and fuzzy feelings toward the Panther brass.

Well if that is true then I commend them on their trolling techniques.

Yasinkas has been acting like a hormonal woman for awhile now though so who knows.

Posted

fantastic. i'm getting more and more excited about this selection. i really can't wait to see what gettleman starts doing with the roster.

Posted

-franchise quarterback in place

-blue chip GM hired

it's inevitable that we're going to get this thing right at some point

Posted

-franchise quarterback in place

-blue chip GM hired

it's inevitable that we're going to get this thing right at some point

Don't forget about that All Pro rookie we have on the defense.

Posted

When I read Yasinskas talking about the Panthers, it's not so much disdain I see as it is disinterest.

I question whether he even cares enough about getting it right to do some basic research.

I mean seriously, how can he not know that Gettleman spent several years as a college scout? All it would have taken to know that was to read his bio (as I'm sure plenty of fans on here have done without being paid to do so).

It's his job to cover all four teams in the NFC South, but when it comes to the Panthers, I just don't think he cares. That's why I think he gets stuff wrong, because he doesn't see it as worth the effort to get it right.

Posted

When I read Yasinskas talking about the Panthers, it's not so much disdain I see as it is disinterest.

I question whether he even cares enough about getting it right to do some basic research.

I mean seriously, how can he not know that Gettleman spent several years as a college scout? All it would have taken to know that was to read his bio (as I'm sure plenty of fans on here have done without being paid to do so).

It's his job to cover all four teams in the NFC South, but when it comes to the Panthers, I just don't think he cares. That's why I think he gets stuff wrong, because he doesn't see it as worth the effort to get it right.

yasinskas also used two or three different spellings of gettleman's last name in the first two articles on his blog about the hire. the mistakes stayed up for hours.

i mean this is a huge hire that represents a major transition for the panthers and the guy can't even go to the new york giants' website and read his bio. or spell his name properly.

Posted

Forgot about that. Yeah :unsure:

Posted

Yasinskas is an idiot and has always done a piss poor job.

Posted

Disinterest would be great. Disinterest is what every journalist should aspire to have. Neutrality is a good thing in a sports writer. But Pat isn't disinterested and never has been. He may be uninterested, but not caring is not the same thing as being neutral (disinterested).

Posted

Disinterest would be great. Disinterest is what every journalist should aspire to have. Neutrality is a good thing in a sports writer. But Pat isn't disinterested and never has been. He may be uninterested, but not caring is not the same thing as being neutral (disinterested).

Disinterest isn't synonymous with neutrality. It's synonymous with apathy. The actual word for what you're talking about is objectivity - which would be a good thing - but that's not what's in play here.

It shows apathy/disinterest when you don't do something as basic as reading the guys bio to check on his resume' or, at the very least, checking how you spell his name.

This is not a good thing.