Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Cleveland denied us and five other teams permission to interview Chris Tabor

31 posts in this topic

lol at everyone that said that can't happen and asking permission is just a formality.

you weren't paying attention. that only applies to top jobs. HC, Asst HC, and GM and thats only if its a promotion and between the teams end of the season and march 1.

doesn't apply to other jobs, ie lateral moves. after march 1 anyone is fair game.

Kinda hard to be mad at a team wanting to keep a coach they like, especially one that's still in the process of building their staff. And we're hoping for Toub anyway.

The Panthers have denied permission before.

1 person likes this

I'm also really pissed that Detroit won't let Calvin Johnson out of his contract so he can sign with us. Assholes.

Kinda hard to be mad at a team wanting to keep a coach they like, especially one that's still in the process of building their staff. And we're hoping for Toub anyway.

The Panthers have denied permission before.

They denied permission for a coach of a previous staff when a new HC was taking over? I mean, it is odd. He wasn't brought in by Chud....that could cause bad blood. 99% of coordinators work for coaches whose staff they choose to be part of

lol at everyone that said that can't happen and asking permission is just a formality.

for hc jobs it is. going to another team for the same job can be denied.

They denied permission for a coach of a previous staff when a new HC was taking over? I mean, it is odd. He wasn't brought in by Chud....that could cause bad blood. 99% of coordinators work for coaches whose staff they choose to be part of

Not really. Not if they want to keep him.

Not really. Not if they want to keep him.

But what if he doesn't want to work for Chud?

But what if he doesn't want to work for Chud?

I think they'd know that already if it were true.

But realistically, what reason would have have to not want to work for Chudzinski? There's no history between them that I know of. And if your best response is "because he sucks", you might want to remember that not everyone sees him the same way Panther fans do.

We've denied permission on multiple guys before. Pretty common thing.

Lets get the special team coach from other teams NOT JUST THE BROWNS