Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-will and Munnerlyn can't wait to see what's going to happen to them

27 posts in this topic

Posted

They'll both be back. At the very least, we'll do all we can to keep Cap I think, and we'll see what we can do with D-Will. If we can't restructure, he may be gone.

Posted

a midget cornerback and a guy whose position is one of the least valuable in this league are wondering what's going to happen this offseason

not surprised

Posted

I will hate to see Dwill go. I really like his game a lot.

the only positive thing is that I won't have to hear my father in law talk about his hair anymore.

--of course then he will just talk about somebody else's long hair so

there is no upside here.. Give the guy a deal we can afford and hope like hell he takes it.

Posted

No benefit to letting DLo walk and with a decent contract Captain is certainly an asset at both NB and ST'er.

Posted

I'd like to have them both back, especially Cap. Cap is a darn good nickle CB. D Will is a very reliable RB that can be very effective when used properly.

Posted

Re-mother-fugging-structure please

edit: i accidentally a letter

Posted

Captain is definitely safe! Ron LOVES him... Has said and I quote "amunnerlynisone of the best slot corners in the League"

They'll find a way to keep him

Williams will get the opportunity to restructure, and I think he will... If not then the only reason he's not here, is because he doesn't want to be

Posted

I sure wouldn't mind DW in Atlanta.

Posted

Both of them will be back next year.

New GM won't have Cam, Tolbert, Williams, Stewart all on this roster next season.

Posted

edit: i accidentally a letter

Apparently :unsure:

Posted

They'll both be back. At the very least, we'll do all we can to keep Cap I think, and we'll see what we can do with D-Will. If we can't restructure, he may be gone.

I admire your loyalty, but I am getting a different vibe, respectfully. I think the following players are possibly gone:

DWill: I think he will be a June 1 cut if nobody bites on a trade. Gettlemen said that players not earning their salaries should be nervous (not his words).

Gamble: I see no way he is not cut. I do not think Gettlemen will be interested in extending a 30-year old CB. He will look to the draft for a CB.

Captain Munnerlyn: Unless we franchise him, I doubt it. however, as a nickel, RR loves him and with good reason. We will make an offer, but a team with more cap room will take him from us.

Garry Williams. Not worth $1m +

Nakamura. Not worth nealy $2m.

Gross: Remember when Gettlemen said that he was not going to let loyalty disrupt his objectivity? Gross came to mind (after Hurney). Gross will have to rework his deal without a long extension or he will be shopped around. He could be cut. I am not sure he stays on his current deal.

Anderson could be dealt or cut if Beason's deal makes him impossible to trade or cut.

A lot of people get mad when you suggest trimming Gross and Beason from the roster--that is what Gettlemen meant when he talked about objectivity. Of course, he cannot fix every position, but did you notice the mention of "1 year contracts?" He knows there are going to be more openings than the draft can fill. Stay tuned, but Hurney's big contracts will be dissolved as fast as he can do it.

Posted

Munnerlyn will be one of those instances where everyone is like 'we'll be fine without him' and then part way through the season you're thinking 'damn should have kept him'