Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Get ready for Cam to give us the middle finger and leave...

102 posts in this topic

Posted

All to Rivera has to do is SLIGHTLY improve....and we win a poo of games. Carolina has been on the verge of being pretty dang good

Just like last off season.

Posted

Just like last off season.

It was true...

We still remain on the verge. Outside of 2 games....we were right there.

Either he does or doesn't make that slight improvement this year. But the difference between is being a 7 or 11 win team is tiny

Posted

I pity anyone here who thinks Cam Newton won't be the starting QB for the Panthers for the next 10 years.

Posted

This site really blows anymore. I'm really unsure why I keep returning.

Posted

Our fanbase is the most self loathing goddamn fanbase in the country.

Posted

having a team that can't figure out how to win and that constantly and has to have excuses made for them about losing so often instead of fixing problems will have that effect.

or it could be that we are the most gullible one for believing in them with so little in return.

1 person likes this

Posted

As long as he takes KT with him... I won't hold it against him because he deserves better.

Americans should be thankful for the nra. thier prime objective is to maintain every americans right to defend themselves. While having americas crap shoveled in thier faces they maintain thier course. The rest of us could learn something from thier persaverance. Read the history of the group and its founding and you might be surprised to find they formed in opposition to the kkk, and the lack of rights in the african american communities after the civil war. While americans fall for propagandist tactics from the media they maintain thier integrity. Another lesson for many to learn.

1 person likes this

Posted

4 winning seasons out of 18

I'd say the franchise is more pathetic

Posted

How many times I gotta tell y'all that Cam Newton is our Lebron James.

Posted

I don't think this bullshit promotion had anything to do with JR or his mythical "cheapness". It had to do with Rivera being scared of losing his job when he goes 2-8 again. If JR was cheap we wouldn't be $16mil over the cap, we'd be one of those franchises that has $10+mil in extra cap space every year. I don't think JR is involved in every single little decision in every single aspect of every single business he owns. You think JR decides who Bojangles in Clinton, NC hires to fry their fuging french fries? Hiring the coaching staff is a job that's delegated to the HC because it's the HC's gameplan and vision that the assistant coaches have to execute. I don't think JR retaining Ron had anything to do with money either. He's an old school guy with southern values and probably felt that giving Ron another shot after Ron did what he asked (show noticeable improvement following Hurney's firing) was the right thing to do. Ron still has two years on his contract. You think if we go 7-9 or worse JR will think twice about firing Ron and paying two coaches for a year? I don't.

Posted

This is the dumbest fuging thread I have seen tonight, and that says a lot

Posted

4 winning seasons out of 18

I'd say the franchise is more pathetic

Some of you guy act like 2003-2009 never happened. We had only 2 losing seasons during that stretch

But keep a few things in mind when you bitch about how terrible our franchise has been.

In those three losing season, 2004 had a bunch of injuries early including losing Steve Smith for the entire season in game 1.

2006, we are .500 and still in the playoff hunt with 4 games to play before Jake gets hurt opening the door for Weinke to lose two out of the next three games which eliminated us from the playoffs.

In 2007 we get off to a 2-1 start but Jake goes out for the year prompting an unprecedented QB carousel that included David Carr, Vinny Testeverde, and Matt Moore.

Then in 2009 Jake turned to mush.

After that season we purged the roster, finished 2-14 and two seasons later we are already back to 7-9 and trending up with an exciting young QB.

As for our first 6 years of existence, which I guess you guys hold it against the franchise that they weren't able to produce a perennial Super Bowl contender with their expansion draft players. We had a great run in 1996 with a bunch of old veterans, but we were still an infant franchise with a drunk for a QB, that was having to build the roster basically from scratch. I personally don't hold that against management.

So forgive me if I don't completely agree that we have been sold a bill of goods. And I don't agree that we have not tried to put a winner on the field. Now we can have a healthy argument if all the decisions that have been made have been good or bad, but I do not think it is because of a lack of desire or willingness to pay or do what it takes by our front office or JR.