Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheMaulClaw

Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee

32 posts in this topic

I know he's skinny. But he's 6'3 and if he can get into an NFL weight room for two years he could be a steal.

Don't they have weight rooms at Tennessee? Using that same logic we should have just put Otah on Jenny Craig. Problem solved.

LaFell's a pretty established guy who should be on the field. After that, though...Gettis might not be the same after surgery, Pilares hasn't shown anything at all as a route-runner yet, Adams was always iffy as a receiver and has his obvious issues, and Murphy looks like good depth, but not much else. Which of those guys looks like the guy to work with Cam for the rest of his career?

I don't think any of them are. At the same time, I also don't think we should use the 14th pick so we can add Hunter's name to the list.

DeAndre Hopkins will be the best WR from this class. I know it would be a reach with our 1st round pick, but I would love to have Nuke be the heir apparent to Smitty.

Don't they have weight rooms at Tennessee? Using that same logic we should have just put Otah on Jenny Craig. Problem solved.

It has to do with adult development, otherwise you'd see high school football players jump straight into the pros. A 19 or 20 year on a strict weight lifting regimen for 2 or 3 years is not going to be as strong as a 24 year old who's been on a strong weight lifting regimen for 7 or 8 years. Have you ever lifted before? Do you know anything about male physiological development?

I don't think any of them are. At the same time, I also don't think we should use the 14th pick so we can add Hunter's name to the list.

I said second round....not first. My argument is to not a take any WR in the first but take a look at Hunter in the 2nd.

DeAndre Hopkins will be the best WR from this class. I know it would be a reach with our 1st round pick, but I would love to have Nuke be the heir apparent to Smitty.

I like Hopkins too, I just think he's gonna be gone by our 2nd pick.

Do you know anything about male physiological development?

Really? I will let you be the expert in that...

My point is I do not want to waste a 2nd round pick on someone if the team has to move forward and invest time and energy in as you say "male physiological development" I would rather use it on someone who ran make an immediate impact instead of someone that might flourish a year or two from now after he lifts weights on Mint and Morehead.

I said second round....not first. My argument is to not a take any WR in the first but take a look at Hunter in the 2nd.

You did say second. Apologies. My point, however, stays the same. I would not use the 44th (??) pick so we can add yet another WR that has potential.

Really? I will let you be the expert in that...

My point is I do not want to waste a 2nd round pick on someone if the team has to move forward and invest time and energy in as you say "male physiological development" I would rather use it on someone who ran make an immediate impact instead of someone that might flourish a year or two from now after he lifts weights on Mint and Morehead.

Finding a true number 1 receiver as a rookie out of the draft is very hard. This draft doesn't have that player Like any rookie it takes a while for them to reach their potential mentally and physically. Cam Newton is a prime example of this. I do think Hunter would have an impact in year one, he just won't catch a 100 passes. But they're no AJ Greens, Calvin or Andre Johnson's in this draft. Even Julio Jones took 2 seasons to develop.

I don't like Hunter in the first either, but none of the guys that you mention have flashed all that much potential in the first place. The Armanti/Aloha/Adams trio seems like it only needs one roster spot, and neither have shown receiving expertise. If you don't want to draft a receiving threat this year, when and how do you propose that we add some?

I wouldn't mind Hunter in the 1st. In the second, grab him in a heart beat!

I def think we go OL in the first if there is a guy worthy of the pick. But Hunter is gonna be a player someday and if he's there at 46...you take him.