105 replies to this topic

#61 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

It's almost as if you spin things to however it best fits your idealogy...

Here I'll quote it for you...

Where in that do I say...

Do you seriously not see the part where you said that bcuz it seems obvious to me.

#62 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Well poo, Phil is a nice guy? Why should he have to pay any taxes, the warmth of his smile is surely payment enough for all his societal obligations

wow, you hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly what we're all saying. Nice guys shouldn't pay taxes. You and Cantrell are F*CKED.

#63 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

nc_biscuit, on 21 January 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Curious how much you know about Mickelson... I realize its your schtick to immediately play the "I'm an asshole, lets call names" card, but he's actually a pretty damned good guy. He gives a ton to charities and like pretty much everyone else except you, Delhommey and Panthro, he prefers not to give large chunks of his money to the government and instead choose who he gives it to...

Where in that do I say...

Delhommey, on 22 January 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:
...but seriously he gives to a lot of charities so he's an upstanding guy.

#64 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Do you seriously not see the part where you said that bcuz it seems obvious to me.

Show me. You're making an inference that is not there... do you not see the period between the word "guy" and the word "He"?

Did I say "he's a nice guy BECAUSE he gives a ton to charities"? Well, did I?

#65 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

then why is he a good guy?

he gives to charity but that doesn't make him a good guy.. so what does?

#66 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I mean by pretty much every first hand account of him IRL he's an asshole so you need to elaborate if you're gonna give me the Mitt Romney cop-out.

#67 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

wow, you hit the nail right on the head. That's exactly what we're all saying. Nice guys shouldn't pay taxes. You and Cantrell are F*CKED.

Lets be honest, Phil is irrelevant to the argument. Its really just people giving their opinions on US tax structure by either supporting or insulting Phil Mickelson after he gave his own opinion on it

#68 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

then why is he a good guy?

he gives to charity but that doesn't make him a good guy.. so what does?

Him giving to charity to me would be an indicator that he's not the selfish asshole that Delhommey portrayed him to be... nor the dipshit that Cantrell said he was (which btw was what that "good guy" comment was aimed at).

The other part about him giving to charities was aimed at the fact that he prefers to give his money to something other than the gov't. That's why those two sentences were separate.

I think he's a nice guy because I've actually seen him in person and he seems to be a genuinely nice guy. He speaks to the fans, he makes time to autograph hats and stuff at tournaments and frankly it's just my personal impression of him. did you bother to read that article that captflouro posted?

Again, there's a faction on here that seems to have a severe grudge against the well off. That's fine and that's your right to have that opinion, but it doesn't mean it's right, and it's no better than someone saying that because person A is poor, they're lazy... sweeping generalizations are just that.

#69 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I mean by pretty much every first hand account of him IRL he's an asshole so you need to elaborate if you're gonna give me the Mitt Romney cop-out.

Please enlighten us with some links to this. I'm interested. I've met Phil in person. Have you?

Lets be honest, Phil is irrelevant to the argument. Its really just people giving their opinions on US tax structure by either supporting or insulting Phil Mickelson after he gave his own opinion on it

Not disagreeing on that count at all.

#70 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

The only time I read complaints about him were from Vijay Singh in the Masters, something about spikes leaving marks. Seems to be a nice guy to the fans.

#71 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Please enlighten us with some links to this. I'm interested. I've met Phil in person. Have you?

Not disagreeing on that count at all.

No link. Just type "Phil Mickelson is" on google and pick any one of those adjectives you feel like

#72 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

No link. Just type "Phil Mickelson is" on google and pick any one of those adjectives you feel like

Oh, so I'm "Mitt Romney'ing" you, but now you can't provide links... gotcha.

#73 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

did you even try what I suggested?

#74 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Here... let me help you with that...

http://answers.yahoo...26164508AAnuKvt

the topic is "has anyone had bad experiences with PGA golfers...

I never really had alot of respect for Phil Mickleson until I followed him around in the first round of the PGA Chanpionship last year. It was 100+ degrees in Tulsa that day, and with all the pressure of a Major, and the heat out there, he still had time to joke around with us and engage the fans like he appreciated the fact that we were there. It wasnt the biggest gallery that day, and he acknowleged everyone that was rooting for him that day, with a subtle nod, or smile. He was very gracious and it was fun to watch him, because of that I now root for him in almost every tournament.

My dad and I saw Phil Mickelson walking to the clubhouse at the Memorial. We said, “Good luck Phil” he said, “thanks, thanks for coming out”, with that big smile on his face.
He seemed like a genuine nice guy.

http://www.golf.com/...-phil-mickelson

But when I hear people say that Phil Mickelson's a phony, well, I'm not sure I get it.

Here's what I can see about Phil Mickelson: He goes on and on being amiable. He signs autographs. He tips his cap. He is the nation's leading exporter of golf balls to little kids. He says goofy things like "Be right, honey!" when the ball is in the air rather than the more earthy "You suck! G--dammit!" that Tiger shouted on Saturday. He talks about his family. There are a thousand stories about random acts of kindness — a $200 tip here, a $100 purchase at a kid's lemonade stand there — and every now and then word leaks out about him doing something beyond kind, like the way he quietly helped the family of former NFL star Conrad Dobler, who has fallen on hard times both physically and financially. "Our guardian angel," Dobler calls Mickelson.

#75 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

did you even try what I suggested?

I think a better question is... did you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com