• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#11 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

He may be great, I just don't know enough about him. I would have preferred someone more experienced, but have to trust Gettleman's judgement on this, as I'm sure he recommended the guy to Rivera.

The above referenced story is nice, but it doesn't tell us anything about his football background or coaching philosophy.

#12 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• LocationConnecticut
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

l Holcomb is in his fourth season on the Giants’ coaching staff. This is his second year as a defensive assistant after spending his first two seasons with the team as the defensive quality control coach.

Prior to joining the Giants, Holcomb spent three seasons as the defensive line coach at Lafayette. In 2008, the Leopards led the Patriot League in both total defense (303.2 yards a game) and scoring defense (17.5 points a game). Lafayette also allowed the fewest first downs in the league (176), had the best defensive third-down conversion percentage (33.6) and had the lowest passing efficiency by opposing quarterbacks (116.0). Defensive lineman Jason Mills was named to the All-Patriot League first team.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

i wonder if he's moving his family down here

#14 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIn yo moma
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Sounds like if Rivera fails, we have a new dc.

#15 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

l Holcomb is in his fourth season on the Giants’ coaching staff. This is his second year as a defensive assistant after spending his first two seasons with the team as the defensive quality control coach.
Prior to joining the Giants, Holcomb spent three seasons as the defensive line coach at Lafayette. In 2008, the Leopards led the Patriot League in both total defense (303.2 yards a game) and scoring defense (17.5 points a game). Lafayette also allowed the fewest first downs in the league (176), had the best defensive third-down conversion percentage (33.6) and had the lowest passing efficiency by opposing quarterbacks (116.0). Defensive lineman Jason Mills was named to the All-Patriot League first team.

Serves me right to listen to Joe Person..

Joe Person@josephperson
Holbrook has never been a position coach before, but spent the last four years on the Giants defensive staff.

Never overlook the Patriot league..
  • Dex PIE'd this

#16 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

YES!!!' Holcomb was my 2nd choice.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

He may be great, I just don't know enough about him. I would have preferred someone more experienced, but have to trust Gettleman's judgement on this, as I'm sure he recommended the guy to Rivera.

The above referenced story is nice, but it doesn't tell us anything about his football background or coaching philosophy.

same here. gettleman recommendation is nice and makes me feel better about the hire than i might otherwise, but i would have preferred someone with experience. that is frustrating to me because we all know this was a problem with the coaching staff, i mean even rivera knew it was a problem, and yet they still do nothing to change it. in fact they bring in even less experience.

i just don't understand working so hard to make a situation you know is bad even worse.

#18 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationAsheville
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Is the only remaining position left to fill the OQC?

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Serves me right to listen to Joe Person..

Joe Person@josephperson
Holbrook has never been a position coach before, but spent the last four years on the Giants defensive staff.

Never overlook the Patriot league..

Called him Holbrook?

And yes, the offensive QC still remains (and will likely be someone nobody has heard of)

#20 rscott94

rscott94

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Is the only remaining position left to fill the OQC?

Yep, kinda surprised the OLine coach kept his job I guess it's just because he was working with scrubs because of injuries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users