Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of tipping...

262 posts in this topic

Posted

In the case of pizza delivery, especially on such a large order, I'd say $50 would be more than enough. $10 is a little cheap, but the likely reality is that the driver made one trip, just like he would on any other order. I'd be willing to bet that whomever ordered 85 pizzas was also standing by waiting for said pizzas with a cart or extra hands to receive the order upon delivery.

Posted

I would have gone with $100 but $50 would be fine.

Posted

In the case of pizza delivery, especially on such a large order, I'd say $50 would be more than enough. $10 is a little cheap, but the likely reality is that the driver made one trip, just like he would on any other order. I'd be willing to bet that whomever ordered 85 pizzas was also standing by waiting for said pizzas with a cart or extra hands to receive the order upon delivery.

Dealing with 85 pizzas would take a long time. He probably missed a few trips

Posted

So nobody knows if he was tipped with cash?

Posted

That is what I was thinking.

The 20% tip for a waitress/waiter is for....taking your order, bringing your food, keep filling your drinks, clear the table, etc....

Handing you a box at the door for pizza would not be the same level of service.

Maybe not if teleporters were invented, but last I checked they don't just appear at your door with a box in their hand.

Posted

agree with Belding...I know if it's a corporate card, I have strict rules on what I'm allowed to tip. That said, if it's a bigger amount and the service was good, I typically will add my own cash.

Posted

agree with Belding...I know if it's a corporate card, I have strict rules on what I'm allowed to tip. That said, if it's a bigger amount and the service was good, I typically will add my own cash.

yeah those rules/regs are usually 15%....so he couldve given the person a $225 on his corp card

Posted

for the most part...I agree sir. I've heard of some cheap ass companies though!!! they typically don't buy 85 pizzas though!

Posted

Maybe not if teleporters were invented, but last I checked they don't just appear at your door with a box in their hand.

Ok....driving to your house (being paid for gas and mileage) and handing you a pizza is not the same level of service as a waitress/waiter gives in a restaurant.

Posted

It sounds like more service...

One only has to bring it from the kitchen to the table and the other brings it from the kitchen all the way to your front door.

Posted

Ok....driving to your house (being paid for gas and mileage) and handing you a pizza is not the same level of service as a waitress/waiter gives in a restaurant.

i worked as a driver for 2 years, never got paid for gas or mileage.

Posted

Yeah what mmm said. You pay for your own gas.