Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of tipping...

262 posts in this topic

Posted

if you're gonna go out to eat and get bad service at least tip 15%, if you don't like it, order food to-go and be a cheap ass. fug what you think about what someone deserves, if the boss didn't like what you did that day because someone else didn't do their job properly so he didn't pay you for the time you worked on whatever it is you did....well, you'd be pretty fugin' pissed too. 2.13 an hour for normal servers, it's not minimum wage but it damn sure should be.

Posted

The fact that the server ended up with a tip has nothing to do with the pastor. The computer forced it through it seems. The pastor seems like the type that would have called and had the tip removed.

The pastor's intent was to leave no tip and be a passive-agressive holier than though bitch about it

Posted

Weird :blink:

Next we'll hear that Manti Te'o is involved in this.

Posted

The fact that the server ended up with a tip has nothing to do with the pastor. The computer forced it through it seems. The pastor seems like the type that would have called and had the tip removed.

The pastor's intent was to leave no tip and be a passive-agressive holier than though bitch about it

I agree... idc that she "actually" left a tip or not... she claims she also left a cash tip... mmmm hmmm, sure she did.

This would have never seen the light of day except for her snarky note left on the receipt... she brought all this on herself. Yeah, the waitress chick probably shouldn't have posted it online... and she definitely should have cropped off any reference to both Applebees and the "pastors" name... but the pastor lady still didn't have to push it and get the girl fired... she just ended up doubling down on asshole.

Posted

Saw this today lol

http://www.wwtdd.com/2013/01/tamara-ecclestone-busts-through-a-45k-bar-tab-because-she-can-and-you-cant/

tamara-ecclestone-bar-tab.jpg

Posted

seems like double karma going on. each trying to prove a "point" ends up suffering.

i guess this will be the Pastor's last supper at Applebee's?

Posted

I saw last night on FB where an aetheist did a similar thing, but not even an autotip was left. The tab was over 200, and the server said something like "have a blessed day" as she dropped off the receipt for signature. The customer wrote a sentence or two stating how they are tired of people shoving religion down their throat.

Posted

I saw last night on FB where an aetheist did a similar thing, but not even an autotip was left. The tab was over 200, and the server said something like "have a blessed day" as she dropped off the receipt for signature. The customer wrote a sentence or two stating how they are tired of people shoving religion down their throat.

Yeah but does anyone really care if some random person, atheist or not, is a jackass? Nope.

Its the fact that a "pastor" acted in a most un-Christian manner that made this one noteworthy.

Posted

I don't really care about either case. Asses are asses regardless of religion.

Posted

I agree... idc that she "actually" left a tip or not... she claims she also left a cash tip... mmmm hmmm, sure she did.

This would have never seen the light of day except for her snarky note left on the receipt... she brought all this on herself. Yeah, the waitress chick probably shouldn't have posted it online... and she definitely should have cropped off any reference to both Applebees and the "pastors" name... but the pastor lady still didn't have to push it and get the girl fired... she just ended up doubling down on asshole.

lol nope. The pastor lady was a jerk, sure. But this doesn't deserve this much publicity. Her name was posted online and now the fuging reddit atheist army is stalking her over this. And the pastor didn't push to get anyone fired. When interviewed she's done nothing but own up to her mistake and apologize. That was applebees' decision on their own. The only one complaining is the girl that got fired.

Ms Welch told The Consumerist: 'When I posted this, I didn’t represent Applebee's in a bad light. In fact, I didn’t represent them at all. I did my best to protect the identity of all parties involved. I didn't break any specific guidelines in the company handbook - I checked.

She went on: 'But because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee’s has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than lose an angry customer. That's a policy I can't understand.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271659/Chelsea-Welch-Applebees-waitress-FIRED-Pastor-Alois-Bell-objects-18-cent-tip.html#ixzz2Jf02Avba

haha WHAT?

Posted

I think what bothers me and many people about this is it is an example of sniping someone you don't know. Anyone who decides to take a shot at a stranger for no reason is slightly sadistic and slightly psychopathic. Whether it was a power thing (I'm a pastor bitch) or a race thing or just her nature doesn't master.

She could have dealt with the tip professionally but decided to add an FU I'm a pastor.

The girl who posted it isn't right and she lost her job. But at least it was a reaction and not just screwing with someone you don't know.

Posted

Justfying not tipping because you are a pastor....then eating at Applebees.... This person does not have ANY dignity to lose!

I havent tipped wait staff at Applebees a couple of times in college..not bc im rightous..but bc it was out of the way awful service.

As an adult I dont go there willingly bc its glorified tv dinners. Bleh